What a lousy day :( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
ms_terese
What a lousy day :(

33 years ago today, my father died.

21 years ago today, we buried my mother.

You know, on Father's Day I make a big deal for my father-in-law, grateful to have someone to make a big deal over. On Mother's Day, I not only have my mother-in-law to spoil, but I have the added distraction of my own children celebrating with me, and being part of my own daughters' celebrations. I've learned how to distract myself.

But the end of June every year just sucks. My mother died on the 26th, we burried her on the 29th...my father died on the 29th and wasn't buried until July 3. The whole month is a little dreary for me, but the dual anniversary date is the one I struggle with every year.

I'm a grown woman, and I still miss my parents.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
kmurphy
Both my parents have passed away also. I don't miss them so much on their birthday etc., mostly when something reminds me of them. Often it is when I bump into one of their friends who all seem to be still alive. Also fishing, playing golf or pass in the back yard. When something great happens and you would have shared it. My mother was a snake lover so she liked my hobby. My parents died pretty young(smokers). My father was 59 and my mother 68.
So I can sympathize with you.

Kevin

Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
It sucks. Both of my parents are gone too. I generally don't think much about it~ but there are times~ like very recently I talked my sister into dressing up for the Ren Faire with the rest of my family (My sister lives with us~ but generally just watches and laughs as the rest of the family dresses up in full costume) Well~ I talked her into dressing up~ we took photo's.........

More than anything I wanted to send my mother a photo

I miss her a lot on days like that

I know she would have gotten a kick out of it
My stepfather too.......they would have joked and made fun of us for being silly~ it would be too much fun.

Here are a few of the pics I wish I could send her.......LOL~ Karen is now just as weird as me, my husband and my kids!

(I'm the Horny trollop~ Karen is the Trollop with glasses!)

Old 06-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
ms_terese
Quote:
I'm the Horny trollop~
You're the cutest horny trollop I've ever seen!

I really hope that your mom, wherever she is, has access to cyberspace!

Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #5
DAND
I too have lost both my parents, a little more than 10 years apart. It's been 7 years since my Mother died and I still find things I would like to talk to her about. The loss eases over the years but will never go away. Seeing simple things like daisies (which were my Mother's favorite flower) bring back memories.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Thanks~ I hope she does too!

I generally like to think of them somewhere I wish I were........
Like Tahiti!

So I hope your folks and my folks are together~ have a tropical drink and laughing their butts off at us silly kids! LOL!

Old 06-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
Ginger Ambrose
Lost both parents as well.

I lost My Mom and 2 months 14 days later I lost my Dad.
My father had terminal cancer and we knew he was going to pass, But my Mom, was a shock. She passed before my Dad, from a massive heart attack.
She had one and they brought her back, then the next day they took her down for an angiogram and she had the second and fatal one.
Dad, had had 7 heart attacks, but brain cancer took him. It has been 7 years
they Died in 1999, in March and May. I still miss them. I still thinks of them almost every day. I even occasionally still find myself crying to this day.
As was said earlier certain dates can be so hard.
I just pray that they can "see" that I and my sisters are well, and that their Grandchildren are growing up well.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 PM   #8
techgirl
My boyfriend just lost his dad yesterday to cancer. We got the call on Tuesday that he wasn't doing well and we spent the remaing 15 hours of his life with him. It's hard now trying to deal with everything that comes with death. Everything seems out of whack and time feels very off when some one brings up the days. Feels like it's going to take forever to get back to normal.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:35 AM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
Everything seems out of whack and time feels very off when some one brings up the days. Feels like it's going to take forever to get back to normal.
That is does. When my Mother died I found myself having to do a lot of things. With these additional things to do I wasn't doing some things I was doing prior. I found that I had not been shaving and decided I wasn't going to shave until everything of hers was settled. Well 2 1/2 years later and a lot of facial hair later things were finally done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!