Small eye in Ivory Burmese python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
sleekstar
Small eye in Ivory Burmese python

I got this beautiful girl a few months back. Had her for about a month before one day walked in to open her tub and her eye was shrunken. Thought it might be a low humidity thing, but soaking has done nothing for her. Thought perhaps it was after a feeding and perhaps the next meal would help, but she’s had multiple meals since then and nada. No stuck eye caps, her last shed was one big piece both eye caps off. I know ivory burms are prone to drop eye (which it looks like she has, but she was just straining forward during pics and exposed the white, don’t normally look like that.) But I haven’t had much success in researching small eyes in burms, though I feel like I’ve seen plenty of pics. Anyone out there that can help explain what this is?
Her humidity is around 60%, hot spot at 90 and cold around 79-80. I’ve had her on newspaper substrate since I noticed this.
All help and suggestions are appreciated!
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
elena
Chances are she was born that way and you just didn't notice until now. I've seen a number of snakes that were born with one small eye. It seems to be a fairly common birth defect. I've seen it mostly in ball pythons and boa constrictors. I owned one snake who had this deformity, and I myself didn't notice until I'd owned him for a few months.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
sleekstar

If I didn’t have pics of her from before I got her and the day I got her, I’d be inclined to agree. But especially in those first two pics you can see that her eyes look pretty normal and the same size. It was a very sudden change on her face. It doesn’t seem to impact her in any way, just wondering what it could be.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:33 PM   #4
sleekstar

Old 08-13-2019, 02:08 AM   #5
jeedmunds
Possibly phthisis bulbi. Needs CT/MRI plus maybe CSF culture

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
burmese python, ivory, ivory burmese python