About the BOI and it's future here... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #41
AF Exotics
Simple terms people

BEING SCAMMED ONCE 150.00-4000.00 on avg

BEING SAVED BY LEARNING ABOUT A SCAMMER ON THE BOI....... PRICELESS

Disclaimer;the above statement isn't derived from any scientific polls or other reliable source,IT'S JUST A FACT OF LIFE SOME HERE HAVE EXPERIENCED..hmmm 25.00

Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #42
DeeRa
Thanks for the response web slave got the answers I needed . As far as everyone elses response my question was not directed towards you..
Deidra

Old 08-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #43
WebSlave
I put a direct donation button for the BOI at the top of the site. However, if the BOI goes to a contributor member only status, those donations will not give the donator that access.

I have already shut down the BOI theads to being viewable by unregistered guests. They can see the thread titles, but not the content. From projections concerning paid memberships, this will likely be extended to non paid members sometime in the future as the BOI goes to a paid contributor member use ONLY forum.

Sorry guys, but as best I can predict from current indications, that is what the future holds.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #44
AaronSerio
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Has anybody told them that? I don't get the impression that the Canadian group ventures out to the rest of the site all that much. Might get a few more contributing memberships, if they knew?
It's probably true that we don't get to the rest of the site all that much. Our forum is pretty slow so most people don't come around. I rarely come about but I just saw this thread and paid for my subscription.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #45
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSerio View Post
It's probably true that we don't get to the rest of the site all that much. Our forum is pretty slow so most people don't come around. I rarely come about but I just saw this thread and paid for my subscription.
Thank you....

Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #46
AaronSerio
No thanks needed really. Just trying to do my part. I wish I could have been a paying contributor before but at least I am one now.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #47
munchkin1020
You know I've been here for years and honestly never thought of being a contributing member till I saw this thread ( shame on me ) sorry Rich. I am now and for what this whole site does for us I can't imagine anyone not wanting to help. This has been the BEST site for our reptile world.
Thanks David Pollard

Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #48
WebSlave
Thank you.

Actually I have heard a few other people comment that they thought that FaunaClassifieds was owned and run by some large business conglomerate or something. Nope. Not that way at all.....

Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #49
BBNewYork
Im so GD'ed confused. Yes, im a brand new member but I was looking forward to staying around for awhile. Did I show up late for the party?
WebSlave owns and runs the ENTIRE site? Yet the issue is the closing of the BOI, which is only one part of the site albeit an extremely important one.
So... if the financial concerns aren't dealt with, all the discussion forums and classified ads will remain but the Board of Inquiry, where dishonest dealers are exposed, will go away?
Sorry for not understanding, i'm not too sharp.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #50
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBNewYork View Post
Im so GD'ed confused. Yes, im a brand new member but I was looking forward to staying around for awhile. Did I show up late for the party?
WebSlave owns and runs the ENTIRE site? Yet the issue is the closing of the BOI, which is only one part of the site albeit an extremely important one.
So... if the financial concerns aren't dealt with, all the discussion forums and classified ads will remain but the Board of Inquiry, where dishonest dealers are exposed, will go away?
Sorry for not understanding, i'm not too sharp.
Rich's first post in this thread pretty much explains his position...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I am retiring my reptile breeding business no later than January 1, 2010, and at that time this site needs to be financially self sufficient to cover the legal and financial liabilities that the BOI is exposing me to for YOU benefit. Let's face it, when I have retired from my reptile breeding business, I really won't need the BOI at all, and if it still exposes me to a lot of financial liability afterwards, it just doesn't make sense for me to bear up under that threat just to help out everyone else here. I just am not willing to shoulder that burden alone when my income will be limited to pretty much my retirement savings. I expect I can make enough money from this site via advertising and the like to help a little with making ends meet, but that could all be wiped out (and then some) if I should have to hire an attorney to fight a lawsuit filed by someone who gets incensed enough over something someone else has posted HERE about them. Yes, I am protected by federal law against legal liability for third party posts, but that only helps me WIN a court case, it is not a protection against the expenses that will be incurred FIGHTING that lawsuit. I would still need to hire an attorney and go to court, regardless. Which could be very expensive. Definitely more than I would want to have to draw out of my retirement funds

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!