About the BOI and it's future here... - Page 38 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #371
AF Exotics
Also,I chose no other gecko,get it right,you went out of your way to make it right by sending two additional geckos when I was asking for a refund .You said you had two from the same lineage .

Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #372
ajc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitydragons View Post
Now I know you probably couldn't care less what "I" think and thats okay with me.
Actually, I do care what you think. You're part of the 99% that make this site worth wading through all the BS.

I have enjoyed your posts and even though you don't agree with everything I've said, or the way I've called out the abusers of this website, but your posts are objective and fair. That's really all anyone is asking for.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #373
ajc
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q View Post
.I can see you have a pride issue .
Marcus,

Take it easy bro...no offense intended there. I just didn't want there to be anything left to the imagination. Again, remember where we are and who we're amongst.

It has nothing to do with pride and everything to do with reputation. I guess those could be considered one and the same for a business owner, but hopefully you can see the necessity in protecting my reputation.

Peace!

Old 12-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #374
ajc
OK...enough bickering. We have four days, according to Rich, to get this figured out. I think it's time to put any differences aside and make this thread productive.

I know my proposed "review system" is far from perfect, but it's a start. If we all put our heads together, we can surely come up with a solution that would keep Rich from being sued, and consumers from getting screwed.

And no, I did not mean for that to rhyme.

Quote:
Also,I chose no other gecko,get it right,you went out of your way to make it right by sending two additional geckos when I was asking for a refund .You said you had two from the same lineage .
Get it right? Easy killer, that's why I said "correct me if I'm wrong".

I've had almost a thousand orders since then, so I don't claim to remember every detail.

But yes, they were dalmatians....Chips offspring...I remember now. I sent you two geckos (without pictures) to replace the one that you originally ordered.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #375
AF Exotics
No issues Bro,I keep it short and sweet .Remember the true business person makes roses out of a bad situation .I was actually giving you props for it .I understand the frustration here,but this is the best that we have "at this time",and yes,it can be better .Back to the matter,some people here have been guilty of some wasteless remarks,but isn't that like anywhere else in life we have to endure .I think the rules could be a little more forceful at times,but I do not think a closed system is the answer .I think there should be more emphasis on the relevancy of an issue,and more flexibility about post removal .I feel some posts should be removed,especially when they add no credibility .As far as side discussions,they happen,and should be taken to PM .If they persist,there should be a peer system that allows several users to mitigate that immediately .That is some of the problem you speak of .I remarked about validity to your post .Hopefully this process will enable some things to change if the BOI stays .Take care,Marcus .

Old 12-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #376
ajc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
But yes, they were dalmatians....Chips offspring...I remember now. I sent you two geckos (without pictures) to replace the one that you originally ordered.
Damn...I think I'm just confusing myself now.

Not that this really matters, but I'm a little OCD...you picked out two geckos with pictures (ID's AS-MH-5 and AS-MH-6 according to my notes) and I sent a third for free...correct?

Old 12-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #377
ajc
Quote:
I think the rules could be a little more forceful at times,but I do not think a closed system is the answer .I think there should be more emphasis on the relevancy of an issue,and more flexibility about post removal .I feel some posts should be removed,especially when they add no credibility .As far as side discussions,they happen,and should be taken to PM .If they persist,there should be a peer system that allows several users to mitigate that immediately.
I agree 110%. If everything you said above were to become a reality, this place would pretty much be "fixed" as far as I'm concerned.

How likely that is to happen at this point, I don't know...but I would totally support it.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #378
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I agree 110%. If everything you said above were to become a reality, this place would pretty much be "fixed" as far as I'm concerned.

How likely that is to happen at this point, I don't know...but I would totally support it.
I think that removing posts from a BOI type thread is impermissible editing, because the moderator doing the removing would have to decide what is relevant and what is not. That is an invitation to a suit if others disagree, especially if the others were one of the parties involved.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #379
AF Exotics
Your not lapsing into OCD,I ordered a couple more afterwards .Your just lumping it together .Now I hope the BOI stays,and I hope we can make some things a lot better .But I still feel,this is the best model we have,and with some refining,it can be better .There have been numerous suggestions that probably would help .I frequent this site often,but as you can see from my post count,I do not post that often,only where I feel that there is some relevance or experience to be added .After all,I now am approaching "old fartdom",but I can outrun most twenty year olds and still go some rounds .I'm out,football is calling .

Old 12-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #380
TattooLost
I'd just like to throw in my opinion real quick. I consider myself a regular here these days. I have my periods of inactivity here and there when work or life gets busy, but I always come back. I also frequent the BOI, and occasionally get involved in a thread, though not usually when it's just mudslinging. That said, I kinda take offense to your posts Anthony, because from the start you lumped all "regulars" as the problem on this site. Sure, there are idiots here, just as any other open forum, but to say "The regulars are the problem" was pretty rude to me and seemed to try to incite discord. I've never done business with you, but I'd heard good things over the years, and even participated in a BOI thread about you, and I'm pretty sure I didn't attempt to turn it into the "Jerry Springer Show" but rather pretty much stood up for you based on the facts.

Let me use this example from my life. We live in a small town. My wife's best friend is a "Smith." My wife's brother in law's grandfather, dislikes a couple of the "Smiths." He comes into my wife's work one day, and makes a comment that a local eatery "is really going to hell with all those 'Smiths' hanging around there lately." Sure, he might not have meant ALL the "Smiths" but it sure sounds like it doesn't it? Especially when my wife's best friend has been hanging around said eatery. So as you'd expect, she gets offended, and it sets off a regular Hatfields & McCoys fued in this town, leading up to me (who stays out of local drama) getting sucker punched and the. wife's brother in law going jail.

Kinda see my point? I'm assuming you will since you want to brag about your IQ on here. If you're the genius you think you are, you obviously knew you were about to incite people with your words. I give the grandfather an excuse because he's an ignorant hick and I know that. I'm assuming you're IQ is as high as you say it is, so you have no such excuse IMO.

Anthony, we've never done business, but I like your carpets, and I still will probably purchase from you in the future when finances allow, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on your words, and let you know that I kinda took offense to them. Not every "regular" is a bad seed on here, just like not every "regular" isn't a bad seed on BLBC or bp.net or any other site, or even this town or yours. I shouldn't have to try to figure out if you think I'm one of the idiots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!