About the BOI and it's future here... - Page 40 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #391
AF Exotics
So in this formula Deborah,the set fee user would have some financial incentive to become one,like lower intial cost for registration ? along with the unlimited site access .

Old 12-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #392
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q View Post
So in this formula Deborah,the set fee user would have some financial incentive to become one,like lower intial cost for registration ? along with the unlimited site access .
Yes, along those lines.

The negative is: It would still take time to catch on...and time is short, also we don't know how much more (time and/or money) Rich is inclined to invest in the site.

I would hate to see a monopoly created, which is what would likely happen if the BOI disappeared (as far as paying for advertising).

Old 12-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #393
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Again, honest breeders and upstanding hobbyists have nothing to fear here on the BOI and would have no reason to stand up for themselves short of being called an idiot from likes of you.
I dont know about this Dand.... and here is why I say this. When Kelly brought David's (RIPsters) dirty laundry to bear... she got beat up pretty quick by a few because of the so called reputation that David had in the industry. She did however prove herself and her case... but not before taking a small verbal beating (from a few) in the process.

True... honest breeders and upstanding hobbyists will come out in the end.... but at what initial cost. I know its just the cross we must bear in the court of public opinion... but there are a few that DO like to come here to instigate fights and cause controversy. I guess its just the nature of the beast.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:10 AM   #394
sincitydragons
Forgive me if this has already been discussed but couldn't there be a kind of legal waiver that members would have to agree to before being allowed use the website that would say something to the affect of...
"I so and so by checking this box agree to do business honestly on this website and release this websites owner and all employees of any legal liability of statements or complaints made by third parties."
For that matter there could also be an agreement to a code of business ethics stating that sellers and buyers would to the best of their ability handle themselves ethically and could be banned from the site at anytime at the discretion of the site owner, employees, and moderators, as they already do. Just a thought.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #395
ajc
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Sort of like people are doing now from your posts against their friends? That is not escaping anyone's notice either.
Damn right...difference is, my friends aren't the losers who have turned this place into a circus side show. If you feel the need to defend that behavior, you're no better than they are (not YOU personally, but as a figure of speech).

And actually, I think the irony here is escaping you.

Let me explain...

1. I came here and referred to the abusers here as idiots, in order to manipulate said abusers into helping me demonstrate exactly that point.

2. On cue, they show up and commence the attack. Not only are they going to prove that they aren't idiots, they're also going to show me a thing or two...because they're really good at arguing. lol

3. To "prove" to me and everyone else that they're not idiots, they begin comparing me to Hitler, accusing me of having knotted panties, poor widdle this, using dramatic words like "hatred", etc.

Need I continue?

Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #396
sincitydragons
Anthony makes a point, when he started he referred to no one in particular. If anyone was offended it could only be because they feel some guilt of being one of the 1% he mentioned. If someone goes in to the middle of the street and screams "I'M NOT A MORON!!" I'm pretty sure everyone that sees or hears them is going to immediately think to themselves... "what a moron" so why when Anthony makes such a broad statement do you take it to heart unless you feel there's some truth to it. Now please how can we save the BOI?

Old 12-28-2009, 04:57 AM   #397
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Damn right...difference is, my friends aren't the losers who have turned this place into a circus side show. If you feel the need to defend that behavior, you're no better than they are (not YOU personally, but as a figure of speech).

And actually, I think the irony here is escaping you.

Let me explain...

1. I came here and referred to the abusers here as idiots, in order to manipulate said abusers into helping me demonstrate exactly that point.

2. On cue, they show up and commence the attack. Not only are they going to prove that they aren't idiots, they're also going to show me a thing or two...because they're really good at arguing. lol

3. To "prove" to me and everyone else that they're not idiots, they begin comparing me to Hitler, accusing me of having knotted panties, poor widdle this, using dramatic words like "hatred", etc.

Need I continue?
Sigh.....

Firstly, I feel no need to defend anything. My goal, desire, want, need, is to see how we can help the BOI continue to exist. I fail to see how proving morons are morons helps to achieve this aim. IMO, it is simply rehashing the past without concern for the future (meaning how can we plan so that the BOI is kept running and any "morons" don't have run of the place to derail topics by acting in the manner that you have demonstrated?)

I don't think the "irony" has escaped anyone.

My chief concern is that in the possiblity in losing the BOI, a monopoly may be created, which, again in my opinion, is NOT in the best interest of the small and beginning breeders.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #398
ajc
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Sigh.....

Firstly, I feel no need to defend anything. My goal, desire, want, need, is to see how we can help the BOI continue to exist. I fail to see how proving morons are morons helps to achieve this aim. IMO, it is simply rehashing the past without concern for the future (meaning how can we plan so that the BOI is kept running and any "morons" don't have run of the place to derail topics by acting in the manner that you have demonstrated?)

I don't think the "irony" has escaped anyone.

My chief concern is that in the possiblity in losing the BOI, a monopoly may be created, which, again in my opinion, is NOT in the best interest of the small and beginning breeders.
No, you're right. I didn't have to do that...but honestly, I'm so pissed off that we're even talking about the BOI going away, that I really don't care if I offend a few people if they want to defend the bickering and BS that go on over here. That's saying a lot considering I have a lot of customers who are going to see my rants here...bottom line, I know most will agree with what I'm saying, even if they don't like the way I say it.

And sister, you're preaching to the choir about a monopoly...couldn't have said it better myself. We couldn't agree more on that, let me tell ya. That's an excellent point, one of the best I've seen in this thread, and another reason I get so angry when I think about what could happen.

To that effect, I honestly think this site could compete, or even OUT compete, other websites...if only Rich could get this place cleaned up. It's really a tragedy that he's sitting on a gold mine, yet a tiny percentage of members (who contribute little in the way of value or $$$) are being allowed to keep him from getting at the gold.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks that...I know of a couple people who would like to buy this website and turn this thing into THE prominant reptile community/portal.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #399
R. Eventide
I have to say I'm in the "I mostly agree with AC but not the way he said it" crowd.

I feel there are a few (loud) people ruining the BOI. I hesitate to post there because of the way people love to attack others. Even Good Guys end up getting crapped on because someone manages to dig up a tiny bit of mud on them (or twists their words) that has absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand and blows it completely out of proportion. And, sad to say, most of the few, loud attackers are not contributors.

I'm sad at what the BOI has become. It is supposed to be a place where the truth comes out about sellers/buyers and where people can easily find information on breeders' reputations. While that still happens, I feel that the BOI nowadays is mostly people slinging mud at anyone and everyone they possibly can. If Fauna's reputation has gone down the toilet (I don't frequent many other fora), it's not hard to see why.

I like the idea of restricting BOI posts to only those who have had first-hand experience with the buyer/seller the thread is about. We could have one thread for each seller/buyer (which would make people easier to search for and find), and people wouldn't have to waste hours wading through all the third-party crap. If other people see weaknesses in arguments, they can PM the party or parties involved, who can then question the buyer/seller in the thread. There's no need for everyone and his dog to comment on who he thinks is lying, what terrible TV shows the seller watches, or how the buyer's grammar means he's an idiot who must've done something stupid to screw up the transaction.

While the BOI is (was?) a great resource, it won't be for long if the current trend continues. If the BOI becomes a laughingstock (assuming it hasn't already), then its usefulness will be gone. Granted, even in that form, it does help me add a lot of people to my "do not buy from/sell to" list....

Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #400
R. Eventide
Ooops, forgot something....

Another positive to having a single thread about each person is that we wouldn't need the Good Guy/Bad Guy listing. This would force people to read the thread about the seller/buyer and not just assume based on the title, and it would allow everyone to make up their own mind about who is truly the bad guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!