Corn morph... Oh Kevin... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
AK907
Corn morph... Oh Kevin...

Traded a yearling western hognose for these two 4ft male corns today. I was told the first was a blood red and the second was a a sunglow. Sorry about my crappy photography. The "sunglow" appears to be A LOT whiter in my pictures because its overexposed (I can't take pics like RidgeTop), but he still looks an aweful lot like a normal amel to me. What do yall think? Blood Red? Sunglow? Normal Amel? Thanks!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Kalie
The bloodred does seem to be a blood to me, but I haven't got much experience with them, so I can't be too sure about that.

The other one I think is a normal amel. Too much white around the saddles to be a sunglow. Still a beautifull guy though

Old 01-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
AK907
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Either way both of them are the mellowest corns I've ever handled. They act more like ball pythons and just hang out. I may pair him up with a female amel I have this spring and see what happens. Another of him, underexposed this time...

Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
brianm616
i think it's possible that the amel may have been the product of two sunglows; but, since sunglow is a line bred trait and not a true morph, sometimes the offspring have more visible saddle borders than either of the parents.

as for that blood, i have a female that looks just like yours. she's the biggest spaz i've ever owned; musking and thrashing for a minimum of three minutes every time i hold her.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
AK907
That sounds like the amel I mentioned above. I try to avoid holding her because of that reason. I don't wanna stress her out any more than necessary. I've got enough other snakes that tollerate handling.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm616 View Post
i think it's possible that the amel may have been the product of two sunglows; but, since sunglow is a line bred trait and not a true morph, sometimes the offspring have more visible saddle borders than either of the parents.

Both of them are very nice, I like that bloodred!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
garweft
A belly shot on the first one would help, but to me it doesn't looked like a bloodred at all.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
A belly shot on the first one would help, but to me it doesn't looked like a bloodred at all.
Fair enough. Regardless of morph/phase, these two are awesome.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
Southern Wolf
IMO the top is an Okeetee....

The second one is an amel. Sunglows have no white.

For compairson purposes.....

Here is one of my okeetee's

And one of my sunglow mots

And one of my Diffused (aka bloodred)

The diffused trait will take away the checkers on the belly and you will be left with a clean white belly. Your top one is NOT a diffused (aka bloodred).

Old 01-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
AK907
Cool. I thought Okeetee too, but it doesn't have the super broad saddle bands or copper background like my other okeetee and reverse okeetee. Thats why I was confused. Probably just a mutt I guess. I'm not ready for fancy breeding and genetics like yall, but I'd like to give corns a try this spring. If I only produce a clutch or two of healthy normals or mutts that brings joy to someone, I will be satisfied.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!