US Airways Ships :) how many ship with them? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-24-2004, 05:33 PM   #1
Palex134
Talking US Airways Ships :) how many ship with them?

I called Us air a couple days ago after being frustrated with other companies. I didnt want to register with delta and I wanted to ship legally and with approval. Anyway, they said I bring my animals a couple of hours before flight and have all the papers they require. They also said they would refund with proof of DOA or lost shipping. The only problem is it is a flat fee of 80.00!!! I guess good service costs money. How many people ship with US Airways?

Old 11-25-2004, 06:29 AM   #2
Mark and Aimee
I once tried to ship with US Airways. They couldn't even ship a snake from Denver, CO to St Louis, MO. How wonderful. Two major cities, and they don't have any flights. Not exactly a good service, if you ask me. I haven't called them since.

Quote:
I didnt want to register with delta
Why not? I am Delta verified. It took less than a week for me to get paperwork, inspected, verified, and on the known shippers list. And Delta has yet to fail me (something I can't say for any other shipping company).

Mark

Old 11-25-2004, 01:00 PM   #3
chondrogal
shipping

In my only shipping experience with USAir I received a $1900 snake to my local airport. After running circles trying to find where my package would be delivered (Ontario airport in CA) the USAir rep closed and locked small "office" door and walked away. I thought just for a break. I waited... and waited.... about 45 minutes later I saw a box turning on the luggage turnstile just like a regular suitcase would be going around and around.

Looked like a possible snake package to me... went over, it had my name on it so I picked it up, walked over to corner, opened package and walked out of the airport. There was NO signature required!! Anybody could have walked off with it.

I did attempt to ship once using USAir, from Southern CA to Seattle Washington, there was no route that would fly remotely direct. Went from west coast to east coast then back again. Not a very viable alternative to Delta IMHO especially for those on the west coast.

Old 11-26-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
8BallPythons
I've been shipping with US Air for several years and they have always been great. I usually select the airline I'm going to use by the most direct flight and sometimes US Air does better than delta. US Air's customer service is awesome!

Be sure to specify cargo to cargo shipping or they will bring the snake up to the terminal which might cause some confusion.

United and Northwest also ship snakes without being a "known shipper" you just have to leave your box open for inspection when you show up.

Hope this helps.

-adam

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!