FedEx shipping quality down the toilet? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:30 PM   #41
WebSlave
Just want to store the screen captures here.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2021, 01:18 AM   #42
WebSlave
So was anyone holding their breath thinking I was going to get that shipment?

Beautiful shade of blue you are probably wearing right now.

And gee, this is REALLY special. Note the below attached pics.

FedEx is claiming that attempted to make a delivery at 09:26pm on 09-05-2021. That is a bald faced lie. And I can prove it. I have security cameras monitoring my entire driveway. NONE of them show any vehicle whatsoever coming into our driveway anywhere near that time. And yeah, that is trying to prove a negative, and you would have me there EXCEPT for one thing. One of the cameras (all of which trigger on motion) had a strand of a spider web running across the camera, so it was continually recording nearly continuously from 08:03pm thru 09:45pm. That would even show a vehicle stopping or even just passing by the end of out driveway because of the headlights. There is nothing of the sort. So the driver, quite simply just LIED about attempting the delivery.

And it gets even better. There is a statement in one of the screen captures stating they will attempt another delivery on the next business day. Because of the holiday on Monday, that should be Tuesday, shouldn't it? So why are they saying delivery has been rescheduled for Wednesday instead?

FedEx tries REAL hard to keep people from being able to speak with them, so I guess I will be filing another Better Business Bureau complaint against them. In the past, this has proven to be the only way I have been able to get their attention.

What a bunch of bozos, in my opinion. I am SOOO glad I retired and don't have to depend on them for my livelihood. Yeah, maybe the overnight service is much better, but it's that birds of a feather thing. Hard to believe that one arm would be great and the other arm be pretty much brain dead. Again, IMHO.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2021, 12:04 PM   #43
WebSlave
Well, I was surprised this morning around 11:15 by the driveway alarm going off. They were delivering the packages today although they are technically closed. I didn't get to bed till a bit past 04:30am. I was just seething too much to go to sleep. Connie went out, as I was still groggy from the splitting headache I had overnight and the anger hormones in my bloodstream.

Apparently the driver today wasn't the one who ran the route yesterday, and he didn't seem to have a clue about the delivery supposed to have been yesterday and why the other driver lied about the attempted delivery. I feel a bit better that I won't be waiting till Wednesday to get them, but it's pretty tough coming up from that anger nova burst I had last night. I had already decided to tell FedEx to shove it and send them back, but Connie's logic was something on the order of "why let FedEx's screwups stand in the way of something you really want?" I guess she is right. Cutting off you nose to spite your face probably feels justified when you do it, I suppose.

I know they say that all is well that ends well, but heck, that is not quite true. The memory of the trip to get there will still linger. And I doubt my opinion of FedEx will change much just because they finally did do the job they were paid to do in the first place. Yeah, someone got paid overtime to deliver on a holiday. That should make me feel better, but somehow it really doesn't.

Old 09-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #44
JColt
I forgot this one. 5, 6, 7 years ago I ordered a package to be delivered at work. Around 10 am I checked fedex tracking. Said attempted delivery, no one home. I work at a police dept. 24/7 delivery can be done. I called and the girl on phone almost let out holy sh*t. Stopped herself. I had package with in the hour.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #45
WebSlave
Well, how long do you think it will take FedEx to notice that the package they are claiming will be delivered TODAY in Crawfordville, FL is actually in Ocala, FL? That is about 170 miles away, and according to their tracking, is STILL there.

Attached Images

Old 12-02-2021, 07:11 PM   #46
WebSlave
BTW, I moved this into the SOUND OFF forum because it really is not about shipping live animals. But on the other hand, I guess it could apply to shipping herp related merchandise.

But on the other other hand, they really do piss me off, hence it really is a SOUND OFF.

Last week I had a rather large box just left down at the end of the driveway, wide open and visible to the road. The FedEx driver claimed he left the package at the "gated driveway", implying that the gate was closed. That gate hasn't been closed for YEARS. Guess it sounds better to management than to just say "I was too lazy to deliver it to the house."

Luckily I got to it before someone noticed it while driving by and just picked it up and tossed it into the bed of their pickup truck.

Prior to THIS, I was supposed to get a package from Home Depot via FedEx, that just never showed up. FedEx claims it was delivered, but who knows where? I contacted FedEx and was told I needed to go to the shipper (Home Depot). I contacted Home Depot, and they said that since FedEx's tracking status shows the package as being delivered, I needed to dispute the payment with my credit card. Sheesh... But dispute it, I did. I got the money credited back to my account, but no telling what more will come of this. I reordered what I needed elsewhere. I guess the plan from all involved is to just make such things as big of a hassle and headache as possible with the victims of such incidents.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #47
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I guess the plan from all involved is to just make such things as big of a hassle and headache as possible with the victims of such incidents.
This may be the new thing in retail strategy.

I had a Amazon item delivered used and heavily damaged (I paid for new); they don't actually look at returned items, but just toss them back onto the pile. Anyway, I got a return authorization, returned it and tracking showed it delivered. Amazon claimed they didn't receive it and charged me for it again. I disputed the charge with my CC (half hour on the phone, digging up trivial and materially irrelevant details) and gave them the tracking number. Amazon countered by simply denying I ever returned it, and responded to my direct questions about the situation with non sequiturs. My CC company now wants a pile of paperwork faxed to them to continue the claim. It is a $30 item; I give up, but I'm doing Xmas shopping elsewhere (like Amazon will notice, but it makes me feel a bit better).

It is pretty screwed up when I feel like I'm getting extra competent and personal service from shopping at Barnes and Noble or Best Buy, but this is the world we asked for, I guess.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #48
WebSlave
Well, I guess FedEx figured out that they have a package missing.

Of course, apparently they haven't figured out exactly what to do about it.

Attached Images

Old 12-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #49
Randall Turner
I don't understand the logic of delivery drivers anymore. It is a solid job with good pay and frankly it is far easier work than many could hope for yet most seem to go above and beyond to half ass it. Sad really.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:12 AM   #50
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I had a Amazon item delivered used and heavily damaged (I paid for new); they don't actually look at returned items, but just toss them back onto the pile. Anyway, I got a return authorization, returned it and tracking showed it delivered. Amazon claimed they didn't receive it and charged me for it again. I disputed the charge with my CC (half hour on the phone, digging up trivial and materially irrelevant details) and gave them the tracking number. Amazon countered by simply denying I ever returned it, and responded to my direct questions about the situation with non sequiturs. My CC company now wants a pile of paperwork faxed to them to continue the claim. It is a $30 item; I give up, but I'm doing Xmas shopping elsewhere (like Amazon will notice, but it makes me feel a bit better).
AmEx or a different CC? My AmEx has always had my back with minimal issues when there's been a problem with a vendor.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!