Something that i would like to know - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: What does Your time yeild you in sales ?
Are you kidding nothing! 0 0%
nothing but i post because its free 3 21.43%
10% 3 21.43%
15% 0 0%
20% 1 7.14%
25% 0 0%
30%-40% 0 0%
40%-50% 2 14.29%
50%-75% 0 0%
76%-100% 3 21.43%
I sell some here but most is on kingsnake because here just want do it 1 7.14%
If I sold just here I would starve ... 3 21.43%
I post many place and Fauna is the best venue for the voulme of sales 0 0%
What they have classifieds here ? 0 0%
I dont browse the classifieds here not worth my time . 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
JungleHabitats
Something that i would like to know

Well the topic has been touched on before not sure if a thread had been made for it but from a buisness standpoint i am interested to know the following:
[list=1][*]What is your main focus in products you advertise here ?[*]How many ads do you plase a week?[*]How many ads do you place a month ?[*]Out of your ads placed how many sales do you gain ?[*]Does advertising here make a difference in your sales ?[*]What would you say your percentage of sales is in a months time?[*]In the end is advertising here making a difference in your sales ?[/list=1]

I am just curious to know what the "advertisers" here would say that your total %percentage of sales is contributed to using Fauna Classifieds Vs other venues

Old 06-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #2
dwedeking
In my years of consulting small businesses in marketing I continually got frustrated with their desire to find the Golden Egg of advertising. That one single venue that made them rich. It doesn't exist. It's a pipe dream.

Studies have shown that you need to view a tv ad 9 times to get the message. So a single placement is not going to result in any sales. The secret is for people to see you in many places, consistently. Even if a site gets low views it is worth advertising (provided the costs are minimal) on since it gives the impression "they're everywhere". This view of being all over gives a impression of size and permanence.

Now placing a single ad by itself will not generate a large revenue no matter how many views it has without supporting documentation. So by building a reputation via comprehensive marketing that single ad now has the backing of your previous months/years work. It will pull (meaning sales) more than just running an ad by itself. A comprehensive long term marketing plan will also remove (at least partially) the "roller coaster" effect to your sales by driving people to your sales channel (retail location, website etc) even when your not placing specific ads. If you have a strong long term marketing plan in order then you can fine tune your ads to drive specific products that are either high margins, overstocks, or seasonal (timed to the market, ie incubators in breeding season).

The benefit that Fauna has is that it's users are more informed (due mostly to the BOI) to the issues of value and service. Therefore long term marketing returns better than looking at a single ads response.

My point being that your looking at the finite end tools of the trade for results instead of a larger overview of your marketing plan. Instead of asking which is better to build a house with, hammer, drill, or saw (in this case KS ads, Fauna ads, or magazine ads) look instead at your overall plan and how to use these tools together to build it more efficiently, stronger and bigger.

Old 06-18-2004, 03:38 PM   #3
Darin Chappell
It's hard for me to be of much help, as everything I've sold over the internet has been through Rich's sites for the last season (not that I sell tons of animals, mind you). I only advertise here and on Rich's cornsnake site. Since I sell only corns, these two sites offer me much more than I could find anywhere else, really.

The corn site offers me a chance to reach those who are specifically interested in those animals, and the BOI/Fauna site helps in my credibility as a seller and buyer. For me it is not what do I sell on Fauna, but what does posting on Fauna enable me to sell on cornsnakes.com???

Again, I only sell on Rich's sites, but I would imagine that a well-known good guy on the BOI can reap benefit from that status on other sites as well. So, it's a bit of an immeasurable variable, when you examine how it influences your sales, I think, but it undoubtedly has impact.

Old 06-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #4
Roger Jolly
Gee, I wonder what you want this poll to show? Twelve out of the 15 choices would be considered as negative votes against this site.

Prospective buyers will go where the ads are, but you apparently want the buying public to get there first waiting for you to show up. I dont work that way, buddy.

Sure you can support the status quo and the likely future that will bring or you can help to make a change. What are you going to do when the other site tries to sue all of the competition out of business and you have yourself and others to thank for giving him the money to be able to do that??? Yeah I know.... Probably nothing. As long as you get your slice of the pie, who cares, right???

Old 06-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #5
JungleHabitats
for the love of GOD!!

jolly or roger or who ever you are .Let me first explain something to you .please show me ONE blasted thing YOU have done to better this site ?? im waiting ... go one show me ONE thing you have contributed to this site other then your blatent dribble ? Come surely the one who thinks he is higher & mightier then tho should have some way to show your utter devotion to thissite other then you frivolious dribble ? Oh wait you are showing it now right ... NO but im sorry that doesnt cut it for me ... sound familar ?? untill they day you have contributed one red cent to the faunaclassifieds ,or have brought in ONE new person that uses this site exclusively and no other i would prefer you keep your ASSumptions to yourself .I get sick and tired of you spouting off of the dirty soapbox you stand on and telling people HOW they do all of this and that .Untill the day you step one foot in my shoes please dont tell me what i do and do not do for other it really repulses me to the core .Its shame you cant take you narrowminded views and make them work for the better for things you preach so heavily about so please next time you come hunting for falsehoods please no what the hell you are talking about sir because i know that i have done my share to better this site and im sure that it can EASILY be proved so when you can come forward and back you holy grail claims with something you have done please keep you ASSumptions of others to yourself.

have a great day

Old 06-18-2004, 07:08 PM   #6
dwedeking
I believe Darin's plan reaps the largest rewards from the Fauna type discussion forum due to it's traffic patterns (boi gets the most traffic) and viewing audience.

Alan, Don't let Jolly get under your skin. He's just around to get people riled up with no beneficial information to be gleemed from his posts. There is no positive energy to be found there and will only distract you from your goals.

Old 06-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #7
Roger Jolly
OK Daniel I give up. Just what are Alan's goals here? Don't you see the imbalance in the way the poll is weighted??? So go ahead and tell me I am wrong about the poll. I can take it. Why do you think Alan posted this poll here? (Hint -> you may want to check in the hell forum for the answer.....)

If I get people riled up it is because I point out issues they would rather have swept under the rug. I can't help it if it is the issue I bring to their attention that riles people. That is my fault???

Old 06-18-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
dwedeking
Without being in Alan's head I'm not going to guess on his goals. The poll to me was a way to try and maximize the time spent on advertising (placing ads) and a question of the worth of this site as an advertising venue.

Frankly I find your posts of little worth in that they are little more than the chicken running around screaming that the sky is falling with no input on how to solve any of the issues you bring up. Your placing your judgement on the people of this site and other sites without experience of what their position is and what they are building. You do not realize how difficult it is to be the small business person without the freedom of the huge marketing budgets that you see with companies like Pepsi and Cocal-Cola that can make statements with their marketing dollar. Most of the people you are judging are just trying to get the bills paid so they can stay around for another year.

I spend way more advertising here than I do at KS (one month here is the same as six months at KS for my account). I do this as a sign of support as I believe in what Rich is doing. From a business standpoint I need to have my logo on as many websites on the net as possible. This builds the company image that I am trying to accomplish. The politics of the websites is irrelevant in that decision as I am one of those that is trying to pay the bills as well.

I was in search engine marketing for 4 years before building a reptile business. Online I found that all the legal action and positioning had little to do with market share as the search engines competed. Those that provided a service to the end user (which is not the advertiser) and appeared to play above board were able to weather the storm of public choices and are the ones that are still around. I feel that Rich's site has all the ingredients to this and he has done a wonderful job of putting out the fires that threatened the BOI and Fauna in general over the last 2 years that I've been around.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:48 PM   #9
JungleHabitats
Thank you Daniel

Ok Jolly rogers let me explain to you a little somthing about Jungle Habitats. Now i would like for you to put down your legos and put away you play-do. Are all your toys set aside????

Ok i have been doing this as a "partime venue for about 3 years now. Before that my main FOCUS was a remodel buisness where in which my target audience was the "general public" Now since you have obviously LESS buisness skills then i let me explain a few things to you .In that line of expertise i specialized in kitchen & Bath remodels and many other aspects of the construction field.When i i took the leap 11 years ago to go into a self owned venture such as this the odds were greatly stacked against me.Prior to that i was a comercial Electrician for 11 years .
Now with my prior venture i did quite well and was able to work as i pleased and i handled ALLaspects of this buisness and did ZERO advertising not ONE ounce of it . my work speaks and SPOKE for itself

Now as my last year has been dedicated to the reptile industry between housing and animals as my main focus since i SOLD my buisness in NC.

Now all i have seen you accomplish here is to grab astick and stir up <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> .I have not seen you show ONE single shred of compassion to the website you seem to glorify .
Now while i have ALWAYS stated my stance on where i STAND betweeen Kingsnake and Fauna i se eyou straddling you nuts on the fence . You accused me of labaling 12 of 17 poll votes to be agaiunst this site .Well my dear peice of candu i can assure you i am FAR from that . you rile me because of your UTTER ignorance to the very stance your comments try to make . while you come here and praise all of this do you remeber the thread "Jeff barringer Sacred cow"
take a long CLOSE look at that thread you yourself started and then apply that very same assnine comment on what is accomplised by a poll .
if youi had the FIRST ounce of buisness sense you would be able to see what i posted was merely a way to see how others are benfittin from the use of faunaclassifieds .
So consider anything you have to say to me from this point on utter nonsense.
You sir have the slightest bit of knowledge of me or my goals in this industry. and untill you do as stated before i would greatly apprciate you to NOT make ASSumptions on my intentions or goals in this field . I could really give a fat happy rats ass if you have been in reptiles since noahs ark floated your buisness since is utter suicide as far as i am concerned. Being i had a successful buisness before i sold it off to pursue the reptile industry as my target audience i would greatly appreciate you not involving me or my name in something that you have shown you have little mindset to venture into yourself. While you comment in a halfbrained manner you seem to always run a cuircle arounfd your feet and tie your point up into a seemingly stupid point of view. If you would dare to put yourself into a BUISNESS sense of mind you may have a CLUE on what i am trying to accomplish. Untill you do so sir i suggest you stick to you wrthless circles of comment that mean absolutely NOTHING to people who are doing this as a means of income .

and as always .. have a GREAT day

Alan

Old 06-24-2004, 09:56 PM   #10
sputnik
I agree with Danial

Quote:
Alan, Don't let Jolly get under your skin. He's just around to get people riled up with no beneficial information to be gleemed from his posts. There is no positive energy to be found there and will only distract you from your goals.
I have to agree with Danial. Jolly Roger is providing nothing but negative info and negative posts. He clearly has nothig better to do then post misguied info.

He's a little starved for attention!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!