Help!!!....Genetics???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-23-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
lilraider
Question Help!!!....Genetics????

I read and read and i still dont get the whole genetics thing Can someone explain it to me in human terms???THANKS

-John

Old 10-24-2005, 12:54 AM   #2
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilraider
I read and read and i still dont get the whole genetics thing Can someone explain it to me in human terms???THANKS
-John
The WHOLE genetics thing is not something that can easilly be briefly explained in human terms. It's just too big. Is there a particular piece that has been stumping you...or a place you would like to start?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:12 AM   #3
hhmoore
there is a good discussion of genetics here, http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=72630
but it isn't exactly in the most basic of terms.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #4
nwheat
Understanding genetics can really enhance your experience with leos - in my opinion anyway! I would recommend downloading the trial version of the biologica genetics program - here: http://mac.concord.org/portal/regist...hp?action=demo

This program is really more like a game - much more fun than just trying to read about it. It takes only a few minutes to download if you have DSL, but a couple hours with dialup - it is worth the wait. I use it with my community college nonmajor biology classes and they learn the material better with this program than anything else I've tried - plus it is fun!

If after working through the modules in this program you have any questions, feel free to post them or email me directly. Good luck!!

Nancy

Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
lilraider
cool thanks ill try it.

-John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!