Let's see some tank pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
SPJ
Let's see some tank pics

Here's one to start it off.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
PaulSage
Steve, that reef looks awesome. It makes me miss my salt tanks. I don't have too many aquariums anymore, but here's two pictures anyway. Sorry the're so blurry, they were taken on my old camera which did NOT like aquariums at all.

This is my 120 African cichlid tank:

And this is one of two matching 150's that used to be on opposite sides of the dining room table. Both of them had to be taken down for a remodeling job, though. Still not quite sure what to do with them. Anyway, this one just had tetras, danios, barbs, etc--basically anything cheap enough to buy in schools of 20 or so.

(I used to take pictures of that one before I cleaned it just so that I'd be able to figure out how to get all the plants and stuff to fit back in. lol)

Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
SPJ
Quote:
(I used to take pictures of that one before I cleaned it just so that I'd be able to figure out how to get all the plants and stuff to fit back in. lol)
I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Nice tanks. I had a 75 at one time with no fish except a school of 200 neons. I used 50/50 bulbs and boy did those fish glow.

Quote:
It makes me miss my salt tanks.
I bet you don't miss the price of fish though. LOL.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #4
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I bet you don't miss the price of fish though. LOL.
I know. Actually, I used to get them at 1/2 cost when I worked at the pet store, so that was pretty cool. The "opposite" 150 started as a med-lrg. community-- cardinals, clowns, butterflies, dwarf angels and a few anthias. They were all doing GREAT for several months until my cat pulled the heater 1/2-way out of the sump. That pretty much put a temporary end to my saltwater hobby.

At least the cat seems to like her new home.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
Rebel Dragons
The top pic is an overall view but the pic isn't the best.

2nd and 3rd are some better pics.

And last are some pics of the baby swordtails. They are 3 days old today.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
Rebel Dragons
You both have some awesome looking tanks.

That reef tank is amazing to say the least.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:43 PM   #7
SPJ
Thanks.
Congrats on the fry.

Here's a pic of one of the cleaner shrimp.

And from my FW, here is a striped dalmation molly. I had never seen one like this before so of course I had to buy it. LOL.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
Rebel Dragons
I don't think I could have passed up a molly like that either. I've never seen one with such distinct patterning. The ones I have seen are always mottled looking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!