Kenyan Zebra Skink care? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
QQQSSSI
Kenyan Zebra Skink care?

Hey everyone, real quick question for you all.

Does anyone here have experience with the Kenyan Zebra skink [ trachylepis dichroma]?
I've seen them offered for sale a few times here [always from Switzer Reptiles too], and I've been thinking about getting one or two but there's virtually no information about them available online, or at least none that I could find.

I just wrote the seller an e-mail requesting this same information, but I'm wondering if anyone else knows about this species as well.

Thanks!
-QQQSSSI

Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Michael R
I have a 1.1 pair myself. They have a very curious disposition and my female eats anything you put in front of Her, the Male is a little more picky. I have been feeding mine a rotation of Dubia, Crickets and superworms every other day and Friskies Chicken Dinner in Gravy (Meaty Bits) on the other days with D3. They love Phoenix worms as a treat also.

Hope this helps

Here is the info I got from Linda (Switzer)when I bought mine....

The cat food that they seem to like is Friskies Chicken Dinner in Gravy Meaty Bits. It has an orange label with a little purple. I put the cat food on a plate first and chop it up a little smaller for them. Then I put a little calcium with D3 in it and alternate days with Rep-Cal vitamins. I give them the cat food 3-4 times a week and the other days, they have been getting crickets and occasionally I put a bowl with shredded veg & fruit with small mealworms. Some of them eat the mealworms too.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Michael R
I have a 1.1 pair myself. They have a very curious disposition and my female eats anything you put in front of Her, the Male is a little more picky. I have been feeding mine a rotation of Dubia, Crickets and superworms every other day and Friskies Chicken Dinner in Gravy (Meaty Bits) on the other days with D3. They love Phoenix worms as a treat also.

Hope this helps

Here is the info I got from Linda (Switzer)when I bought mine....

The cat food that they seem to like is Friskies Chicken Dinner in Gravy Meaty Bits. It has an orange label with a little purple. I put the cat food on a plate first and chop it up a little smaller for them. Then I put a little calcium with D3 in it and alternate days with Rep-Cal vitamins. I give them the cat food 3-4 times a week and the other days, they have been getting crickets and occasionally I put a bowl with shredded veg & fruit with small mealworms. Some of them eat the mealworms too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!