HR 511 'Python Ban' Released By House Judiciary - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
USARK
HR 511 'Python Ban' Released By House Judiciary

On Friday, September 21st' the US House Judiciary Committee finally reported out HR 511. The release was made on the last day before Congress broke for the upcoming elections. HR 511 was actually passed out of the House Judiciary Committee on February 28, 2012 where it had been languishing for months. This bill, if passed as currently drafted, would add 9 constricting snakes to the Injurious Wildlife List of the Lacey Act. HR 511 is a rewrite by Congressman Tom Rooney (R-FL) of SB 373 which USARK defeated in 2010.

The release of HR 511 comes on the heels of a very productive visit to Capitol Hill by USARK President and CEO, Andrew Wyatt, and the National Geographic Society Resident Herpetologist, Dr. Brady Barr. Wyatt and Barr were well received by members of the Judiciary, as well as members of the House Natural Resources (HNR) Committee, where HR 511 will likely receive another hearing.

Barr highlighted the growing body of scientific evidence that stands in stark contrast to the controversial science from US Geological Survey underpinning the initiative. Wyatt went on to illustrate the economic damage being done to small businesses targeted by HR 511 and the recent rule-making by US Fish & Wildlife Service that added 4 constricting snakes to the Injurious Wildlife List.

USARK Consultant Joan Galvin of the law firm Kelley Drye stated, "Based on the Judiciary Committee's hearing and the accompanying report issued by staff, we believe that the members did not thoroughly understand the ramifications of the bill and the economic impact to our industry. We are hopeful that the HNR Committee will have the opportunity to hold a hearing on HR511 when Congress returns to allow our industry to set the record straight as to the misrepresentations made about the underlying science and risks to ecosystems, as well as about the substantial economic impact and unnecessary restrictions on our ability to keep, breed, trade and collect the 9 constricting snakes. USARK's discussions with HNR staff continue and we are ready to participate fully".

USARK CEO, Andrew Wyatt urges Committee members to remember Judiciary Member, and House Oversight & Government Reform Chair, Darryl Issa's (R-CA) characterization of the issue as a "job killer," and a terrible case of "government overreach".

USARK hopes to be able to set the record straight in a hearing at the HNR Committee, but remains vigilant especially in regards to the 'lame duck' session in the wake of elections.

***WARNING- There has been much misinformation floating around on the internet. USARK is the only national organization dedicated to the herp community, and is engaged at the highest levels on federal and state issues. We are very careful to make sure our information is accurate. Beware of sources that do not have first hand knowledge. If you want to get the best information contact USARK directly or come to NARBC Tinley Park in Chicago where USARK representatives will be on hand to discuss issues.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
ROBERT SIDERS
HELLO,ANDREW AND ERICA, ROBERT IN OHIO, ALL FROM AVR SAY HELLO , THE AMERICAN VENOM REGISTER , WEBSITE NOW UNDER CONSTRUCT, IS GOING PUBLIC SO OUR EFFORTS,CAN BE RECOGNIZED AS WELL.HAVENT TALKED TO YOU SINCE COLUMBUS, SO I,LL CALL , SOON, GIVE MY WORD BRO. BUT INFO TO REPTILE WORLD VIA NET IS NECESSARY, SO TO ALL I APOLOGIZE , TO BUSY THESE DAYS , SORRY WARPIG, SLOW GOING , BUT VERY IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL.THE AUTUMN LEAVES OF MY NATIVE OHIO GIVE BELIE ,TO THE COMING STORM,NOT THE CHANGE FROM FALL TO WINTER , RATHER , THE FACT THAT IT IS TIMEFOR ALL TO KNOW,SB310 IS BEING CHALLENGED HERE IN OHIO, LED BY OAAO, BEST EXOTICS AND MANY OF US, INCLUDING AVR WHO HAS DONATED ALREADY AND WILL DO SO AGAIN,WE ARE CHALLENGING ITS CONSTITUTIONALITY,IN A COURT OF LAW . THE SUIT SHOULD REACH THE PRESS AROUND NOV . APPROX COST WILL BE BASICALLY 200,000. A INJUNCTION WILL BE COMPLETE ALMOST AS WE SPEAK.THE INJUNCT ALONE WILL BE 25000TO 30000.THIS FEDERAL SUIT WILL SET A LEGAL PRECEDENT FOR THE ENTIRE NATION.WHETHER YOU LIVE IN OHIO OR NOT IS THUS IRRELEVENT.PLEASE SET, ASIDE ALL BICKERING .THIS SUIT WILL DECIDE FOR THE ENTIRE NATION THE FUTURE OF OUR INDUSTRY.I HAVE TALKED TO ANDREW AND ERICA, THEY TO KNOWTHAT IT IS TIME TO FILE SUIT, THEY I BELIEVE ARE LOOKING INTO SUING AS WELL.HAVING DONE THIS WORK FOR YEARS BY NOW ALL KNOW LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGNS DO LITTLE, SEN HITE, SEN BALDERSON OF OHIO, DO NOT READ THESE, THEY TOLD MYSELF, HERP LOBBY, AND OAAO TO OUR FACES ,THEY DONT REALLY HAVE THE TIME. SOME SAID
TO ME AT COLUMBIA SC,IT WAS NOT OHIO S PLACE TO REPRESENT THE NATION , THIS FIGHT WAS BROUGHT TO US NOT , OTHERWISE.WE REMIND YOU THAT PIJAC AND THE LIKE SOLD OUT VEN AND LG CONSTRICTORS,AND CALLED THIS A VICTORY,BY THE WAY , I WAS THERE , SO DONT SAY OTHERWISE , ANDREW HIMSELF TEXT ME WHEN HE WAS IN LA , AND SAID ,ROBERT WHERE THE, EFF.... HAS PIJAC BEEN IN THIS STORY , I REPLIED OF MY CONCERNS AS WELL.SOME SAY THEY WONT HELP CAUSE TERRY W, IS IN OHIO , OR WONT HELP ANDREW CAUSE HE DOESNT SUE , ANDREW AND I,TALKED ALL THE TIME IN OHIO, HIS GROUP KNOWS , FOR SURE NOW, NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK.THE BATTLE IS AT HAND , IT IS TIME TO SUPPORT THIS CAUSE , AND BACK A SUIT DRAFTED BY ANYONE, WHO WILL HELP DESTROY OUR ENEMIES , ALSO FYI , THE FBI IS LOOKING INTO USING THE AETA , THANKS TO SHERROD BROWNS , A US SENATOR IN OH, ALSO LOOKING ALOT, AT THE TERRY THOMPSON STORY, FOR US.YOU CAN HELP BY GOOGLING , OAAO, REMEMBER YOU CAN THRU PAY PAL OR CALL POLLY AT OAAO, AND SEND THE MONEY STRAIGHT TO THEIR ACCT , LOCATED IN COLUMBUS I BELIEVE , OR SEND MONEY STRAIGHT TO HER LAWYER . AND WHEN ANDREW DECIDES HIS SUIT WE MUST ALL BACK HIM AS WELL, WE ALL KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMING, ITS HERE,RITCHIE IM ENCLOSING MY PH NO IF THATS OK ON YOUR SITE FOR ANY QUESTIONS, NOT SURE OF POLICY I MEAN NO DISRESPECT , TO YOUR STANDARDS OF NORMALCY, BATTLE OHIO IS YOUR FIGHT , ITS OUTCOME EFFECTS YOU, ROBERT SIDERS, AVR 813 766 9684, DONATE KNOW , AND AS SOON AS USARK, PICKS THEIR BATTLE, FWS CONSTRICTOR , I HOPE, AVR WILL DONATE A 1000 TO THEIR CAUSE AS WELL .THANK YOU , R.SIDERS.... PS HI RITCHIE IN ARIZONA, RIGHT ON AND FIGHT ON.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!