Houseing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-23-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
kggjr
Wink Houseing

First I would like to say I have been doing a lot of research on the geckos but I have read so much I don't know what to believe or go with (we have beardies and a crested gecko) I am confused on what to house them in , some say plastic sweater containers others say 10 gallon aquariums, so my questions is which will be the best some say that don't need any lights others say they need a blue light, I do know that they need heating pad , hide box for shedding, and another hide box etc. The reason I want to know is we have a 20Long with screen top or the glass top,or the plastic container I have both, I just want the optimal conditions for the leo gekco to thrive and live to be old. Thank you in advance. Dana

Old 07-24-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
riverjop
Either and or both!!!
But use the screen top one, over the glass.

Old 07-24-2004, 01:12 AM   #3
robin d.
overton is right...use what you want to... if you want to watch them more use the glass tanks... make sure they have hides at both ends a humidity box (for shedding) water and food dish... eat on one side warm side should be 90degrees cool side durring the warm months should not go below 75 at night 80 durring the day... getting a thermostand helpps with this.... big apple herp has a BAH 1000 that is reasonably priced and i understand it works very well. they need no special lighting but if you want to put a florescent light over the glass tank to see them better durring the day that is fine (just turn it off at night). as far as substrate i would do simple, paper towels or newspaper... and put whatever kind of climbing logs greenery ect you want.... of course other than the housing correct suplimentation is needed calcium, suplimenting with vits occasionally and gutloading your feeders
hope this helps

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!