Has this ever happened to you? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
SPJ
Has this ever happened to you?

I received a paypal payment on Thursday for an ad I had up. No email asking questions prior to the payment being sent or note with the payment. Just the payment with the title saying what it was for.
I have emailed the buyer twice using the email address of the payment and have not gotten any response.
Has anyone else ever gotten a payment out of the blue and then not been able to get a hold of the buyer?
This is really odd. Thursday I get the payment and here it is Monday and I haven't been able to get in touch with the guy.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
NathanLedet
crazy...I'd say give it a week from the date sent, and then refund the money.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
monkeywrench133
I can't imagine you're the first Steve. I'd refund the guy his money now. If he actually wants the animal he can always resend it.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
SPJ
Wierd. You would think after paying for the animals, he would want to set up shipping or at least respond to my messages.
I will send him another email and if I don't hear back in the next few days, I am just going to refund the money.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
garweft
I hope not, I don't even check my Paypal unless I'm expecting a payment. I can see someone Paypaling me some money and then starting a bad guy post for me not sending the animal.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
monkeywrench133
The idea of sitting on someone's money, and not being able to get ahold of them would make me nervous. Especially someone I didn't know.

I wonder if this is some new kind of scam? Some variant of the "I'll send you a money order for $3000 for your $1000 snake, cash it and send me the change" scam.

And yes, I have been accused of being paranoid before.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
SPJ
I sent him another email and also posted in the missing persons section in case someone knows this guy.

I'll wait a few more days. If I do not hear from him by Sunday, I am just going to refund his payment.

This is really weird.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
KathyLove
That sort of thing has happened to me a couple of times, usually for small amounts of money for a book or t shirt, etc. I think they get busy and forget. I have even had a few checks mailed to me without adequate explanation of what they want, without any phone # or email address. I have had to send out postcards on occasion to ask them to contact me.

People can be strange sometimes.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
MRC31
I sell a lot on ebay several things a once. I also sell snakes from time to time. Once in a while I get payment and have no idea what for. In all my auctions I am very specific about placing a item number or description with payment.
I have received money orders with no name, no item description, no signature. Just a envelope with a address. I just send the payments back.

I would paypal the money back asap.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #10
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRC31
I would paypal the money back asap.
I tried. His account cannot accept payments so paypal will not allow me to issue a refund.
This entire situation has turned into a big headache. You can read about how it unfolded here.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=100650

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!