what ever happened? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-13-2006, 05:04 AM   #1
hoi-herps
what ever happened?

ive been wondering for some time now what wver happened to tse(top shelf exotic.com) does anyone know? it just like disappeared one day i know he was having problems with the scripting ...and need more help then he was getting so i wasnt sure...?

Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Sit down & grab a beer...

This is a LONG read...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=78572

Old 10-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Cat_72
To sum it up.....they were scammers. They disappeared with many thousands of people's hard earned money. Period.

That'll save you a lot of time, but the thread is well worth a read if you have a couple hours to spend on it.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
hoi-herps
pardon the language.......but no shit.......i purchased leos from them in the past and they always had a good ranking.....that sux......im sorry to the people they ripped off....

Old 10-14-2006, 04:14 AM   #5
hoi-herps
i just read it thes b.s. i hope people like that rot in hell....pardon my french....
i mean i had heard he was sick but when 4 months goes by and no word thats thats when i would have taken a road trip to new york.......and wooping me some arse....lol as im sure you all felt when it happened....sorry to have asked now....

Old 10-14-2006, 04:20 AM   #6
hoi-herps
so whats a ball park figure of what he took was it tallyed is it thoands or hundred thosands?

Old 10-14-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Cat_72
Eh, just in snakes paid for and never received, it was in the tens of thousands, as it was with folks that bought "hets" that we can be 99.9% certain are het for nothing but normal.

Keep in mind, those figures only include the money spent by people who we know about, and who have taken the time to get their information to us. The actual figures may be very, very much higher, when you factor in those who have never heard of Fauna or those trying to do something about this. And think of how many folks bought hets and haven't even heard anything is amiss yet.....I have a feeling there will be a lot more ticked-off people surfacing in another year or 2 after producing clutches of nothing but normals. In all reality, I don't think we will ever know the full extent of his scams.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #8
Cat_72
Oh yeah, and don't forget that the Humane Society came in and took what he DID have left there for animals.....

Old 10-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #9
LadyGecko
"Oh yeah, and don't forget that the Humane Society came in and took what he DID have left there for animals"

They did?
How were they able to do that-were the animals being kept in poor conditons ?
I mean they had to have a reason for being able to do that and from the sounds of the civil case-it just doesn't sound like that would enter into it

Sandy

Old 10-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
If you read the thread, it makes mention of him abandoning a decent amount of animals in the apartment he had been living in...Which is why the Humane Society took the animals...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!