ChaosCat (Lower Ground Reptiles) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 12-19-2004, 03:16 AM   #1
ChaosCat
ChaosCat (Lower Ground Reptiles)

Geesh, I guess I better chime in too!

Lets see... I was born in '78, use to live in Seattle, but then moved to the countryside in Washington in the 1980s. Had my first experience with slithery and slimy things when I was about 4 and have been hooked ever since.

When I was younger, I used to keep and breed garter snakes that I found in my yard. I'd rescue them from the lawnmower! Did that 'til my mom got sick of it and made me let them all go. I've also kept numerous native tree frogs and rough-skinned newts as pets before Washington made it illegal to own native wildlife.

I got my first captive-bred snake in 1996 from a pet store. I didn't know any better. She was covered in mites and very tiny when I brought her home. She is still with me to this day.

A few years later, a friend contacted me about a corn snake she could no longer keep. I took him in, and still have him too. I bred him to my first corn snake, and produced my first batch of 7 eggs, 5 of which hatched out. Through that batch of eggs, I learned genetics and more!

A couple years after that, I found my local herp society...

Now I have over 34 different species of boas, pythons, and colubrids, and a few geckos and one frog, adding up to over 110 reptiles. I enjoy each and every one. My downstairs was turned into a herp room to make room for all my snakes. I started my own business last year, and enjoy it immensely as well as going to college for Biology and Chemistry. I am also an amateur photographer, and love taking photos of my snakes.

Hobbies... getting hands-on experience with any reptiles, amphibians, or mammals possible, herping/hiking, photography, website design, cars, salmon fishing, boating, and there's more, but I can't remember right now.

Obligatory photo...

(sorry for the size!)

Photo taken in August 2003 at Predators of the Heart, WA. Terrible photo, but ehhhh.

Old 12-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
cavu
I beg to differ with you Clara, it's a great photo!

Old 12-20-2004, 01:41 AM   #3
ChaosCat
heh, if you say so

Old 04-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
MGReptiles
Hey so thats who u are..lol.. Nice to see who I was talking to..

Old 04-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
ChaosCat
yup, that's me...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!