Planet Skincare to Launch Snake Venom Anti-aging Moisturizer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
wcreptiles
Planet Skincare to Launch Snake Venom Anti-aging Moisturizer

I can see it now. I tried to save money and did a do-it-yourself method, I rubbed venom from my cobra on my face to get rid of a few wrinkles! I don't know why it didn't work and I can't see out of my right eye.

Source: http://www.carefair.com/html/Planet_...izer_3889.html
Category: Home > Latest News

Planet Skincare to Launch Snake Venom Anti-aging Moisturizer

Syn-ake, an award winning ingredient will be used in Planet Skincare’s newest anti-aging moisturizer. The active ingredient which won the 2006 Swiss Technology Awards is made from the venom extracted from the Temple Viper Snake. According to the company, Syn-ake works in a similar manner to Botox and reports that clinical trials have proven its effectiveness on minimizing wrinkles. Planet Skincare reported that 80 percent of volunteers in clinical studies showed a “smoothing effect” and 73 percent exhibited an “anti-wrinkle effect” after 28 days.

Like Botox, Syn-ake works by preventing neuromuscular contractions which stops facial muscles from contracting; it is this contraction of facial muscles which partially contributes to wrinkles.

The Kent-based Planet Skincare will launch its Syn-ake moisturizer in February 2008.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
robert1trucker
Nice try Don

Botox is injected. I didn't see anything in the article in which it said that the new anti-wrinkle medication would be applied to the skin. Nice try on the joke, but, your facts were a little off base.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
wcreptiles
I'm sorry Robert if I offended your scientific sensibilities with my feeble attempt at humor, I will try to control myself in the future.

I just assumed that a "moisturizer", as you can see in the below quote, would be a cream or lotion of some kind and be rubbed externally on the skin in some fashion. I guess you know a lot more about cosmetic's and humor than I do.

"Syn-ake, an award winning ingredient will be used in Planet Skincare’s newest anti-aging moisturizer."

Thanks for pointing out the errors of my ways.

---------------------------------------------------
Robert,

In case you don't have a dictionary, see #2.

Joke.

1 a: something said or done to provoke laughter b (1): the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2): an instance of jesting : kidding <can't take a joke> c: practical joke d: laughingstock
2: something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter

Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert1trucker
Botox is injected. I didn't see anything in the article in which it said that the new anti-wrinkle medication would be applied to the skin. Nice try on the joke, but, your facts were a little off base.
It says it works SIMILIAR to Botox. Never said it is ADMINISTERED the same way as Botox.

Maybe YOU should get your facts straight BEFORE posting.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
wcreptiles
I still thought it was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert1trucker
By the way Robert, SYN-AKE, in the study was a cream applied to the forehead twice daily for 28 days (see in vivo test section, page 2).

In vivo tests:
The measurement of the smoothing and anti-wrinkle effect of Syn-ake (4%) was compared to a placebo. A cream was applied to the forehead twice daily during 28 days.

http://www.centerchem.com/PDFs/SYN-A...ct%20Sheet.pdf

http://www.wrinkle-decrease.com/synake.htm

Old 09-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
wcreptiles
Snake venom face cream becomes best-seller in battle against wrinkles

Looks like the cream has finally hit the market. And Robert1Trucker if you read this, it's a 'cream' that gives "Botox-like" results without the needle. You might say that's a little needle.

Quote:
Take a Bite Out of Wrinkles With Snake Vemon Cream
Tuesday , September 09, 2008

Want to fight wrinkles? Try some snake venom.

That’s right – a new face cream made with venom from an Asian snake is being touted as the latest weapon to fight wrinkles, the Daily Mail reported.

The cream – which costs around $100 a jar – is produced by the makers of Planet Skincare. The company claims the venom “stuns” the skin in the same way a real snake bite would, giving “Botox-like” results without the needle jab, according to the report.

The key ingredient is a synthetic version of the poison of the Temple Snake – which is common in Thailand. The amino acids in the venom apparently block nerve signals telling muscles to contract, which helps to stop wrinkles from forming, the Mail reported.

The cream is currently on sale at the popular U.K. department store, Selfridges. The staff told the Daily Mail the cream is their best-selling premium skincare product.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,419342,00.html

Quote:
Snake venom face cream becomes best-seller in battle against wrinkles

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:35 AM on 09th September 2008

A £60 jar of face cream made with the venom of an Asian snake is being billed as the latest antidote to wrinkles.

The makers of Planet Skincare anti-ageing daily moisturiser claim their synthesised viper venom 'stuns' the skin in the same way a real snake bite would, helping to keep it smooth.

They say it gives 'Botox-like results' without needles. It went on sale in Selfridges last week and is selling at the rate of 50 pots a day. Staff say it is their best-selling premium skincare product.

Planet Skincare anti-ageing daily moisturiser (left) contains a synthetic version of snake venom from the Temple Viper (right) which stops wrinkles forming

The key ingredient is a synthetic version of the poison of the Temple Viper, a snake common in Thailand.

Amino acids in the venom block nerve signals telling muscles to contract, which helps to stop wrinkles forming.

Christine Benson, of Selfridges beauty, said: 'Products containing snake venom have been used for a few months now in the US, actresses especially love the effect.

'Unlike Botox it allows the face movement and emotion, but lessens wrinkles and paralyses muscles which cause creases.'

Dr Aamer Khan, medical director of the Harley Street Medical Skin Clinic, said: 'This could work for somebody who doesn't want injections.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...wrinkles.html#

Pictures:
Planet Skincare anti-ageing daily moisturiser contains a synthetic version of snake venom from the Temple Viper which stops wrinkles forming
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
LakesideBoas
Well, heck! Just by-pass the middle man and see if any of your friends with Temple Vipers will milk them for you!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcreptiles
results without the needle. You might say that's a little needle.
LOL--That's a good one!

I wonder if the lotion can be rubbed on my....ah, nevermind.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:25 AM   #9
wcreptiles
Snake venom the latest anti-wrinkle treatment

Quote:
Snake venom the latest anti-wrinkle treatment

11:00 PM PDT on Monday, March 16, 2009

By JEAN ENERSEN / KING 5 News

Video: Snake venom the latest anti-wrinkle treatment
Larger screen E-mail this clip

If you don't like the idea of botox and needles, would you consider putting snake venom on your face? It's the newest anti-wrinkle treatment.

Meet the Malaysian viper and its venom. Or maybe you'd prefer it packaged from Planet Skincare.

"The reason that it's special is that it has a purified protein in it based on snake venom," said Dr. Tami Meralgia, Vitality Medispa.

So it's synthesized, not the real thing, but it works the same way as venom to constrict muscles all over the face.

"They did studies in both the laboratory and on humans and proved statistically significant wrinkle reduction - 52 percent actually," said Meralgia. "So you can use this morning and night and you'll find in about a month your skin looks smoother and softer and less wrinkly."

Although botox takes less time to work, it's also much more expensive. Heidi Chambers has had both treatments.

"I've tried botox before but there's only certain places where you can inject botox and I've noticed again in here and also under my eyes, so that's why I decided to go ahead and use the product," said Chambers.

After three weeks, she's pleased with her results.

"My skin's a lot smoother. I have noticed lines have decrease, which is always a benefit," said Chambers.

The effect is softer than botox, but like botox, the results go away as soon as you stop using it.

A jar of Planet Skincare moisturizer costs $115 and lasts about six weeks. So far it is only available at the Vitality Medispa on Queen Anne Hill.
http://www.king5.com/health/stories/....3fe6c7ee.html

Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #10
wcreptiles
A Few Years Ago

A few years ago I joked about using real snake venom for a 'Botox like treatment' and now thanks to the Chinese or a dumb doctor that ordered snake venom instead of Botox it's a reality. I hope the young lady wins her case.

Quote:
Snake venom injected into woman’s face instead of Botox; Romanian sues doctor

‘The writing was all in Chinese’
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Friday, January 30, 2015

A Romanian woman was paralyzed for almost a year after injections into her eyes and lips that were supposed to be filled with Botox turned out to be snake venom.

Racula Crisan was admitted hours after her procedure due to swelling her in her face. The 38-year-old had to undergo roughly two years of physical therapy to regain 70 percent of her facial muscles, Fox News reported Friday.

Ms. Crisan is now suing the doctor who performed the procedure, Adrian Oancea.

"When he testified, he said he did not actually know what it was that he gave me because he'd ordered it from a Chinese supplier — and the writing was all in Chinese," Ms. Crisan told Central European News, Fox reported.

Ms. Crisan added that while her face was paralyzed she could not laugh or cry. Her trial was conducted two years ago, but a verdict has not yet been announced.
Original article here.

Another article with more pictures here.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!