Question about latest Neil Gubitz incident - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 08:14 PM   #1
HerpVenue
Question about latest Neil Gubitz incident

So Wes,
Is it true that he wants to so you for libel because of things in this thread?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=18444

I was looking at the thread. And the worst you really called him was a proven Liar. Why is he all of a sudden gonna get mad and Sue? I just can't believe he would.

Remember this. The best defense against a libel suit is the truth.
so go digging through all his post and find his....ummmm....what shal I call it? Oh yeah find all of his "Oh gee I forgot" comments.
point out to the judge that he never admits to lying. Point out to the judge that he only admits to forgetting what really happened.

Also another defense to a libel lawsuit
Fair Comment
The defense of fair comment is based on the idea that everyone in society, including the media, has a right to express an honest opinion on issues of public concern.

Libel is the publication of a false and damaging statement. If it is not false....then it is not libel So start copying and pasting

Also point out to the judge that Neil has been called much worse things in the past while his store was open.
And now that his store is clsoed...he is all of a sudden gonna sue for being called a liar. Then ask the judge if this suing thing is because Neil needs additional income.

In fact here are some of Nels quotes and posts just for you.

He does not have a problem calling someone a liar in any of these links
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...liar#post42846
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...liar#post40897
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...aced#post10845

Here he has no problems calling someone a scammer
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ammer#post1682

Here is Neil admiting to his Lies.....oh shoot I mean his forgotten truth.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...lies#post10953

Here is Neil saying stuff worse than Liar.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...scam#post10732

Here is Neil accusing someone of Possesing stolen goods and lying.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ying#post18538

Anyway good luck to you.
I can't believe someone who has called everyone names is now gonna sue you for calling him a liar just because he closed his store and IN MY OPINION proably is looking for another income.

Old 05-21-2003, 08:25 PM   #2
HerpVenue
Here is an interesting thing I read

--"Any statements that may damage a reputation or name with false information are considered libelous remarks. The burden of proof is on the plaintiff to prove that the statements in question are false. The defendant does not need to prove that the remarks are true. "

--"The burden of proof is always on the plaintiff to prove the falsity of the defamatory statement."

--"For a private citizen to prove libel, he must prove six things beyond a preponderance: (1) defamation; (2) falsity; (3) third-party recognition; (4) publication; (5) injury or damage; (6) fault."

He must prove That he was defamed.
He must prove that what you said is false.
He must prove that someone else saw it.
He must prove it was published.
He must prove that it actually did damage. ie loss of business etc etc.

Do you know how hard it is gonna be to prove he lost business because you decided to call him a liar.

So do not worry to much.
A third grader can defend you.

Old 05-21-2003, 08:38 PM   #3
Neil Gubitz
Well, since I'm getting some more great publicity.... I might as well let people check out my NEW website (see below).... and one of the BEST Guarantees in the business!....

Oh, and, Ritchie.... money is the LEAST of my worries!....

....Neil

Old 05-21-2003, 08:41 PM   #4
HerpVenue
Quote:
Oh, and, Ritchie.... money is the LEAST of my worries!....
So business must be good?
Congratulations.

I on the other hand have to wait until my babies shed and eat before I can sell them.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #5
Wilomn
Ritchie is right. In order to libel someone you have to tell an untruth about them. I have not done that. The truth can be painful, especially if you are not used to carrying it around with you. Since this isn't philosophy 101 I'll just leave it there.

I find it very interesting and also VERY telling that neil talks only about his guarentee being the best in the business. Guess the animals he sells don't meet the same standard. I'm hardly surprised.

Wes Pollock

Old 05-22-2003, 01:34 AM   #6
Darin Chappell
The LAST thing we need to do is give him any notice at all. If he wants to sue you, he has the right, but I cannot imagine him having any basis for victory whatsoever. You called him a liar, and he has admitted the same in a multiplicity of posts/threads/emails/PMs. You win, hands down!

By the way, I know the WebSlave gave him the permission to post on the thread concerning him and Dave Lawson...did that now apply to all others? Is he (the one who must not be named) now back in full standing? Yes, this thread does concern him in a round about way, but it is only in response to comments made in another thread wherein he posted without provocation of ANY type!

Personally, I'd like to see him banned for being the forgetful/forgetable individual he is, given the manner in which he holds the BOI and its members in such low esteem. I'm done with him and this thread.

:Puke:

Old 05-22-2003, 01:45 AM   #7
NEWReptiles
Just watch Darin

He will just slither into all the other posts he feels the need to throw in his BS.

Must be starving for attention.

Old 05-22-2003, 02:38 AM   #8
WebSlave
Well, no, Neil did not ask me about posting in this thread. But his response here gives me an idea of a handicap to impose on him.

Neil, I'm removing your signature text. Please do not add it back in.

Old 05-22-2003, 06:33 AM   #9
John Apple
More Neil Gubitz cr@p

Man this thread is like the taliban making their notice that they are still active.
what does he crave....
attention
look at me mommy ...look at me daddy.

did anyone ever hear of someone that thrives on conflict???
the individual named seems to do just that.
the more attention he gets good or bad , Neil seems to thrive on it so lets kill this thread

Old 05-22-2003, 01:47 PM   #10
Dave Lawson
Does thismean I can sue Neil???

Using Neil's way of thinking,I can sue Neil for all the bad crap he has said and done about me on this forum. Hell we could get a class action suit going here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread