I am not THAT Bill Leverton - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
leverton
I am not THAT Bill Leverton

I joined this thread in hopes that this message is noted on google and counteracts a problem the posting of a Laura Fopiano has come to cause me. When "Bill Leverton" is googled, it comes up with several hits for the Bill Leverton who worked at Channel 10 in Phoenix and had a TV program there. That is me. I am not the Bill Leverton that allegedly cheated Ms Fopiano out of $2,600 and about whom she wrote in a posting on this thread on 12-22-06.

This came to my attention the other day when a friend emailed me and wondered if I had really treated Ms Fopiano so badly. I worry that others, particularly close friends and professional associates, might do the same.

So, to any of my friends or associates who google my name, I hereby attest that the Bill Leverton Ms Fopiano wrote about is NOT this Bill Leverton, the Bill Leverton who spent his career working in television in Phoenix and now lives in Northern New Mexico with his wife of 40 years, Bonnie.

I believe you all know I would not act in the manner this other Bill Leverton is alleged to have acted.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Lucille
Charles, welcome.
If you still have any TV connections, I wonder if we could figure some way to use them to help Laura recoup her losses. I'd help.
Congrats on the 40 years, I've always admired couples who have a long term wonderful marriage.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
WebSlave
I noticed your registration when I was auditing new members. Since the other Bill Leverton is banned from this site, I investigated the details of your account and became convinced that you are NOT the same person as the banned Bill Leverton. Otherwise this new registration would have been blocked from "rejoining" this site.

I noticed that you ran a travel site for the southwest USA. http://www.travelsw.com/

If I can ever get the loose ends unwrapped remaining after retiring last year (have one of my cars in the shop for 20 months now), and if the minor disasters (fires, floods, etc) will abate across the country, my wife and I are planning on doing some travelling out that way. Sure would like to see more of this country of ours before our health deteriorates and that will no longer be a feasible option.

Sorry about the trouble this other Bill Leverton apparently has caused another person. People just don't seem to realize that when they choose to go to the dark side, it CAN haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
leverton
Lucille,

While I still have a lot of friends in TV, I don't have any connections that would help Ms Fopiano. I mostly deal, these days, with commercials and industrial documentaries and graphics work. It is a shame this other BL treated Ms Fopiano that way. Perhaps a contributory fund to chase him legally?

Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
leverton
Webslave,

Thanks for your comments. If you head west, explore the "stories & trips" section of the website for ideas. Unfortunately, I haven't kept to website up-to-date since 2006. If you head for a specific area. contact me and I'll try to give you some suggestions. Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!