the reptile ranch in gilroy,ca. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-05-2005, 01:00 AM   #1
twh49801
Question the reptile ranch in gilroy,ca.

please share your business experiences with this company,thanks TIMOTHY

Old 02-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
hummi22689
I just received an adult pair of albino prairie kings from them. They were packed in socks, in a box that was 11 X 9 X 6. The box was not lined in styro foam, and had 3 heat packs in it. I could smell the dead one as soon as UPS handed me the box. The male appears to be in good shape. Can't say the same for the female. She was dead, and bloated. She had blood oozing out of her mouth. I am very upset with the whole deal. I have called and left a message, and also sent an e-mail. I am still waiting to hear back from them. I will never order anything from them again, just because of the way they shipped. I still am unsure of how their customer service is. They were always quick to answer any questions I had prior to me sending them my $$, but now that they have my money, I will have to wait and see if they will answer my e-mails or return my phone calls

Sydney Alcorn

Old 02-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
Chris@TSE
Thats horrid.... Hope everything works out for you.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
JasonDescamps
We ordered a female gehyra vorax gecko from them. Upon opening the box the stench made it pretty obvious that the animal was dead. The gecko was shipped in an un-insulated box with three heat packs and some shredded paper. And too top it all off, the animal was a male so even if it had survived that horrible packing job we couldn't have used it. We contacted them as soon as their shop opened today and they requested pics and assured us that they would take care of it. We did send pics at 6:06pm central and are awaiting a response. Their TOS on their site state that live arrival is not guaranteed but we did get a live arrival guarantee in writing from them prior to the purchase. Overall I am not very happy with the transaction at all. I will follow up when I hear from them again.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
JasonDescamps
The money for the G. vorax was refunded last night. I hope everything works out for you Sydney.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
hummi22689
They offered to send a replacement female cal king and said they would eat the shipping cost. I have asked for the money to just be refunded. I haven't heard anything about getting a refund yet though. I will let everyone know what happens.

Sydney Alcorn

Old 02-25-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
When did you get your animals?

Maybe he learned from mistakes, I got in a Male Tremper Giant and was given a free female blizzard with him. The box was insulated except for the top, all sides and the bottom had 3/4" insulation.

The geckos were is a hostess cake box though and both together instead of seperate deli cups.

There were 2 heat packs that were still warm a little but the inner of the box was cool from no top insulation.

I got these in about 10 days ago.

I hope he makes good on the others!!!

Old 02-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #8
hummi22689
Just wanted to let everyone know that I did get the money refunded for the female prairie king.

Old 02-27-2005, 09:43 AM   #9
cthulhu77
It sounds as if these people are ok at business (handling the refunds, etc, in a timely manner) , but require a lesson in "shipping 101".
Hopefully, they get everything straightened out prior to shipping out more deceased/will-be-shortly deceased animals.
greg

Old 02-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #10
hhmoore
sounds like the packing thing is a problem for them. I had purchased 2 snakes from them several months ago - there was a "mishap" with one, so they shipped just the single snake (this was not a pair, but I still would have most likely declined the one - not worth the shipping costs). it arrived live, loose in an insulated box - there was an empty untaped/unsealed box inside that assumably initially contained the snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!