Break-in at Tom's Crutchfield's Reptile Farm - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
JColt
Break-in at Tom's Crutchfield's Reptile Farm

Old 11-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #2
WebSlave
Sounds like some bad news people wandering around in the south Florida area.

I can't believe Tom didn't have security cameras installed in his facility. There are a lot of good DIY units available that would have caught them all in recordings that could have been used to identify and prosecute the culprits. He apparently has a lot of high value animals there.

Seriously, I recommend everyone who believes they might have a need for such devices to get a security camera setup. The make wireless units that are real easy to set up and very inexpensive. All of them record the video, usually to an internal hard drive, and many can send directly to your smart phone and/or record to a server on the internet, and/or send pics to your email address so even if the unit is stolen, there will still be a video/photo record available of who did the deed. So a word to the wise, IMHO.

I doubt whoever has done this thing are going to stop unless they are forcibly stopped. Criminal activity and be like an addictive drug to susceptible individuals.

Old 11-07-2021, 07:57 PM   #3
chrisis697
Yes this is a crazy situation. You would think he would have had cameras on his property with some of the incredible animals he has. I hope after this incident he does get some sort of security.
There is a go fund me page that we can donate money to, that will be added to the reward if someone comes forward to find the perpetrators. The community needs to come together & donate. Tom is a founder in this industry & still a big contributor to the industry.
Hopefully these uneducated or jealous people are caught.

Old 11-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
SandfireDragonRanch
Animal Liberation front?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!