Ball python for adoption - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 04:17 AM   #1
Sybella
Ball python for adoption

Shelter rescued Ball Python needs a new home!

I've had this boy for almost a year now and I am confident that he is healthy so his ready for a new, permanent home.

This BP was an owner turn-in. He is nearly 4 feet long and beautiful but has trouble shedding at times. Since I took him in a year ago, I've had to manually remove a lense cover twice and with nearly every shed, he must have a soak and rub down in order to fully shed.

This sweet boy MUST to go to an experience home because of his shedding difficulties. I've housed him on newspaper but he would do well on bark chips that could be misted regularly to keep the humidity up. He's been housed with another ball python that has no problems shedding so this snake just has particular needs.

He is an aggressive eater and will eat 3 or 3 medium sized rats every 10 days.

I'm asking for a shelter donation of $35 for him, and shipping if someone local doesn't come and get him. Please send me an email if interested. Thanks!!

Old 08-12-2004, 04:23 AM   #2
Sybella
Here is a picture, starting to coil a rat.

Old 08-12-2004, 04:25 AM   #3
Sybella
And, here is another picture, swallowing said rat. LOL!

Please excuse the tank...it was used when I got it and I never could get the hard water lines out of the glass. For size reference, it is a 20 gal tall.

Old 08-13-2004, 07:16 AM   #4
Manhattan Herps
its 35$+ shipping?..im interested..jut not in paying over 60 for him..let me know..i can go 20-25..so thats 55-60 shipped...i am very interested in this guy...please let me know

Hazerdhacker@aol.com

Old 08-13-2004, 04:08 PM   #5
Sybella
Hi Dan

I am my local shelter's reptile contact person. When they get reptiles in, they call me and I come to get them. When I pick up the animal, I give them an adoption fee and then, if I find a home for them, I ask for what I gave to the shelter (this way the person adopting the animal pays the adoption fee)...it's the only reimbursement I get. I make nothing from rescues.

Vet visits, food bills, housing, etc. all comes out of my pocket. I usually take a loss because some of the rescues I take in, don't make it, never get adopted out because of their problems and others, I just give away. I take in rescues because I love reptiles, not because I make anything from the them. LOL!

In the last year and a half, I've taken in 4 boas, 3 ball pythons, a ratsnake, a gopher and 2 water dragons. One of the boas died 3 days after bringing it home, and I lost the gopher too. She had open wounds all over her body and didn't make it. I placed the dragons, one ball python and 2 of the boas; 1 boa, 2 balls and the ratsnake are here but this ball is the only one that will be adopted out.

Sorry about that! LOL!! I didn't mean to ramble on so. But sure, we can work something out. I've seen you around on forums enough to know that this snake would be in good hands. Send me an email and we'll talk privately.

Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #6
Manhattan Herps
Thanks for the reply

whats your email adress?

Old 08-14-2004, 03:53 AM   #7
Sybella
LOL! You can find me via my profile but I'll send you an email now instead.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:09 AM   #8
TexanWithTegu
Hey..I'm interested in your snake.

Hey, I'm highly interested in your Ball Python. I have an empty 100 gallon, approx 4-4.5 ft long, and would definately like to fill it with your adoptee. I ended up selling my Tegu, due to lack of his daily walks he needed, and I felt the tank he was in was getting small for him. I am willing to pay your 35 dollars or poss. a few dollars more. Thank you for your time, Darren. Darrenakabill@aol.com if you would kindly email me. Thanks Again!

Old 08-20-2004, 07:47 PM   #9
Sybella
Hi Darren. He lives in a 20 gallon now so he'd be a spoiled rotten baby in 100 gallons! LOL!!

I've been talking to Dan but I'm not sure if he's still interesed. Let me give him a couple more days and if he doesn't get ahold of me over the weekend, send me an email on Monday, or I'll email you. Sound good?

Old 08-20-2004, 11:33 PM   #10
TexanWithTegu
Hey again

Yes mam, sounds good. I'm still very interested in your snake, so e-mail me asap on the Dan situation. I appreciate your time, Thanks again, Darren.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread