Possible Axanthic Crested Gecko Hatchling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Geckos

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
DrZ9413
Possible Axanthic Crested Gecko Hatchling

Hello all,

Wanted to throw some feelers out! I recently had a baby crested gecko hatch with an apparent lack of any color other than some spotty bright white markings. The pictures I am posting may not do the baby justice, but It is a GREY gecko, very apparently GREY, with GREY EYES and a GREY tongue! The tip of its tongue is pink, but the rest of its mouth is grey. It hatched and I thought I had produced another red. like the one on the picture. It was almost purplish when it hatched, but having two kids, I just put it in a cage and left it until the next day. It has very see through like skin on its abdomen. I know Brian from Altitude Exotics is the only known guy to have animals like this, but could I be number two? I just wanted to throw this lil guy or girl out there and see what people thought. Its funny too, I have sold off a ton of my reptiles on this forum and to the local pet store to get out of the breeding business to keep a few of my prized animals as pets and then this happens! Let me know what you guys think if you have ever hatched animals like this? I will post more pictures of its tongue and of the gecko as soon as I can!

Thanks all.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #2
DrZ9413
I also want to note. I had one male, dark red pinner with four females. One female from Petco, yellow pinstripe, one F2 female from a good friend of mine, one female that was red that is roughly 2 years old and a trip color female. I have had the same group together and produced more than 60 babies from all of them, but never anything like this
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #3
bwusstig
I recently saw another axanthic posted from Manatee Suncoast Lizards. I'd be curious to compare hatchling photos. Congrats on the hatch!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Old 08-16-2017, 12:51 AM   #4
myfirstpetreptile
Congrats.

A few months ago I hatch something similar too. I'm waiting to see how he grow up. But no color yet. Not like the sibling at all. I like the wild type crested geckos and I have been slowly collecting them. But this is the first time I hatched something with any color.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!