Hidden treasure or false claims? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Ed Clark
Hidden treasure or false claims?

What are your thoughts on people selling imported gravid ball pythons claiming hidden tresure within?

Are they really that special?

Quote:
THAT SPECIAL TIME OF YEAR IS ALMOST HERE AGAIN : GRAVIDS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are almost to that special time of year again... GRAVID SEASON!!!!

We are taking names to get on the list for gravid females. These are always nice big females full of eggs, that give you a chance to hatch something new.

We will also be offering special and select gravids again this year, we have been lucky enough the last few years to get some killer looking females. We had 2 very interesting females last year that proven dom/ poss. co-dom, who knows what you will get.

Call or email for more info, and to get on the list. No order to big or small.

We offer full care advise before and after the sale to make sure you are successful with your animals.

Thanks

Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
What are your thoughts on people selling imported gravid ball pythons claiming hidden tresure within?

You already know my thoughts!!

Old 12-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs View Post
You already know my thoughts!!
Do you think they have any chance at all being shipped in below freezing temperatures at the coldest part of the year, also do you think they may be overloaded with internal or external parasites?

Do you think that RI is possible being shipped about in the cold?

What do you think the survival rate is with the eggs and the adult females?

Old 12-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:

People buy lottery tickets too, Ed. While this could be an interesting discussion, the important point is that as long as no one makes any false claimes, the people who plop down their money obviously think that the sale is worth it.
My concern is the shipping of such a snake who is in the family way. But a vendor who knows what he is doing and ships well can get the snake to a home where it may have a very good home.
I'm one of those people who thinks that norman bps are cutie pies, so as long as people buy with no vast expectations and as long as the gravid female is cared for well and shipped carefully and has a good home waiting, it might be good for the snake and good for the buyers and a very imaginative selling idea.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
jasballs
Quote:
Long walks on the beach, fresh flowers and ice cream on a hot summer day?
You forgot my foot rub Ed..

Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
My concern is the shipping of such a snake who is in the family way.
Thats a BIG concern, these GRAVID females are shipped from Africa GRAVID, they are then shipped to resellers GRAVID, they are then shipped to Jobbers, and private people GRAVID. this is all being done in the coldest part of winter.

That can never be good on a GRAVID mother to be!

Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
Bill & Amy
Quote:

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
hhmoore
I'm not involving myself in the conversation, or blocking shots for anybody...I just thought I'd point out that I think Ed's reason for starting this thread is to give life to a discussion that is at least somewhat misplaced in the classifieds (and will disappear when the seller takes the ad down).
Rather than point the finger at a given seller, regardless who it might be, why not express thoughts on the subject in a discussion forum. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of sellers weighed in as well.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Thats a BIG concern, these GRAVID females are shipped from Africa GRAVID, they are then shipped to resellers GRAVID, they are then shipped to Jobbers, and private people GRAVID. this is all being done in the coldest part of winter.

That can never be good on a GRAVID mother to be!
Might not. I don't know. I did all sorts of stuff when I was gravid, I guess it really depends on how gravid, and how much of a stress shipping is. I think I've only shipped one snake in my life so I'm no expert, maybe more people should weigh in.
So Ed, do you make sure your frogs aren't gravid when you ship them?

Old 12-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy View Post
If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.
What do you mean, I DO NOT SELL IMPORTED BALL PYTHONS.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!