Fed Ex Does It Again - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
SPJ
Fed Ex Does It Again

I just got off the phone with these bozos.
I shipped a package Priority Overnight and it hasn't been delivered yet. Well, according to Fed Ex, since the package is Sebastian Florida, the EARLIEST delivery is noon. That is NOT priority overnight in my book but it is with Fed Ex. Apparently they consider this a "remote" zip code.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
hhmoore
I understand that you are upset, Steve...but when you set up the shipment, didn't you check the delivery time?

Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
hhmoore
I just did a quick quote on the two zipcodes listed for Sebastian, FL
Wed Oct 3, 2007 12:00 PM FedEx Priority Overnight®
Wed Oct 3, 2007 4:30 PM FedEx Priority Overnight®
At least you weren't shipping to the one listed as delivery by 430pm....

I hate to say it, Steve, but you failing to check does not make them bozos

Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Wilomn
I've had UPS tell me that a priority delivery to a remote location my not be by 10:30 am.

I had one go to, hmmmm, can't recall where but there priority was 1:30-4:00pm.

Got to ask EVERY time when it will be there.

It sucks but you can't assume anything.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
shrap
If you have an account with FedEx it says what delivery times and service levels are available to you for each shipment you send. I really cant see how this is FedEx's fault.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I hate to say it, Steve, but you failing to check does not make them bozos
Yes it does.

Well, in the words of Wes, I ASSumed since it was going to Florida and priority overnight, it would arrive by 10:30am. My bad.

At least this one didn't go to the wrong apartment and get animal control involved.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Yes it does.

Well, in the words of Wes, I ASSumed since it was going to Florida and priority overnight, it would arrive by 10:30am. My bad.

At least this one didn't go to the wrong apartment and get animal control involved.
Hey Now, I had my SS's well in control and small case today just because I didn't think you were being an ASS, but had simply assumed.

IT happens, sh, don't tell, but by always ASSuming that something has changed since the last time you shipped, by asking the same questions you did last time, you can ovoid this in the future.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #8
WingedWolf
The more ovoids we have, the better. (could not resist....)

Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
Clay Davenport
What irks me about this situation is there is a standard overnight delivery, there by 4:30, and the priority overnight delivery, there by 10:30. There is a cost difference between the two, I think $5 or so. Not much, but still...
They'll gladly take the full price for priority overnight delivery even when it's a remote zip code and isn't guaranteed until 4:30.
We, as shippers, really shouldn't send a snake by standard overnight, even to remote locations, because of the potential of a problem arising, and the fact we didn't opt for the priority overnight can look bad on us, despite the fact that sending it priority wouldn't make it get there at 10:30 anyway.
FedEx should charge us for the level of service they can provide in these cases, but they do not, nor will they refund anything because they state the guaranteed delivery time as 4:30.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
Wilomn
You know what else is cool? It's cool when they charge you for insurance when they are late on a delivery. Now, they not only don't guarentee live delivery of animals but they charge for it even if you don't purchase it.

I've had it happen both with fex-ex and ups. They were late, refunded the shipping charges MINUS the cost of insurance which they DON'T offer. I don't bother paying for insurance on shipments they won't insure.

You have to read the fine print all the way around.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!