Adopt My reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 01:44 AM   #11
sunset
you have no idea so mind your own

Cat 72
Well, maybe if you knew what was going on, you would know it was going in a crate, with food and water. And not with 50 pounds on top of it. I drive for UPS . I would not ever let anything happen to my Reptiles. So when you don't know the whole entire story, then you need to find out first before you post bad things about people.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:56 AM   #12
sunset
Thumbs down You need to stop being so mean to people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
This coming from a person who thinks a reptile sitting 2 days in a ups truck with 50 lbs or more of weight on top of that box is ok.........
Okay, and your opinion matters why??????????
You have 4 warnings on you for the way you talk to people. Maybe you should find some help for your temper dude. This is the reason's i found you have warnings against you. Name calling and general derogatory statements, Watch the name calling, please. Chill out man, not everyone is is a bad person. I hope everyone knows, i drive a UPS truck, and would never put any of my reptiles in any harm what so ever!!!! No matter what this angry man at the world say's...............

Old 04-21-2005, 09:24 AM   #13
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset
Cat 72
Well, maybe if you knew what was going on, you would know it was going in a crate, with food and water. And not with 50 pounds on top of it. I drive for UPS . I would not ever let anything happen to my Reptiles. So when you don't know the whole entire story, then you need to find out first before you post bad things about people.
I never said anything bad about you in particular, I simply stated my opinion that I wouldn't buy a live animal from someone who thinks 2 days in a box was an OK thing to do. So you're a driver for UPS, are YOU personally going to be delivering it? I've seen the conditions some of the things I've had delivered UPS come in, and I know people who work for UPS. Maybe you are a good driver who would take care of a reptile, and be really really careful going over every bump so you didn't spill his water, and put him right up by the heater so he doesn't get chilled, and not take a full load on so he could have his own "special" area...but MANY drivers are NOT that way. One day of stress (even if well cared for during the trip) is hard enough on an animal, 2 days may bring his doom. I wouldn't be willing to take that chance.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:14 AM   #14
ms_terese
UPS has a policy against shipping reptiles...at least, that's the official reason I was given when they notified me that I could no longer ship my reptiles through them. Are you telling me they make exceptions for their employees?

Old 04-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #15
Cat_72
Well, according to the UPS website, they DO accept certain reptiles.....

Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles

So, I'd talk to whoever told you they weren't shipping retiles anymore, Terese. HOWEVER......when shipping ANY live animal, they are only allowed to be shipped by ONE service....

Service Type

Live animals will only be accepted for transportation when shipped via UPS Next Day Air service, and such shipments will only be accepted Monday through Thursday.

So....either Mr. Wonderful here is planning on LYING to his employer, or he doesn't know much about his job.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #16
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset
Okay, and your opinion matters why??????????
You have 4 warnings on you for the way you talk to people. Maybe you should find some help for your temper dude. This is the reason's i found you have warnings against you. Name calling and general derogatory statements, Watch the name calling, please. Chill out man, not everyone is is a bad person. I hope everyone knows, i drive a UPS truck, and would never put any of my reptiles in any harm what so ever!!!! No matter what this angry man at the world say's...............
Angry man at the world????? LOL ALL THAT from a 3 points for snapping at someone who deserved it. The 4th point if you could read was from a improper signature area use.

For somone who makes $20+ a hour being a driver, you cant look at how old those points were. Look around fauna, that is low for points compared to others here. YET i am angry at the world..........

You may work for ups, or whatever you claim, but obviously $25 a hr being a driver has effected your reading skills. Your own company WILL not ship a reptile, YOU cannot even take out shipping insurance on it. UNLESS you are making a false claim to what you are shipping to get it.

What i dont get is how can you assure the reptile a safe travel. What, do you plan on riding along with the reptile when it goes through all those other hubs and trucks at the places, YOU do not work at. All i see you can do is assure anything that touches your truck a safe arrival, nothing more nothing less.

But You OBVIOUSLY should know all this, since ups RARELY puts anyone straight into the drivers seat without making you work your way there from the bottom.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #17
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Well, according to the UPS website, they DO accept certain reptiles.....

- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles

So, I'd talk to whoever told you they weren't shipping retiles anymore, Terese. HOWEVER......when shipping ANY live animal, they are only allowed to be shipped by ONE service....

Service Type

Live animals will only be accepted for transportation when shipped via UPS Next Day Air service, and such shipments will only be accepted Monday through Thursday.

So....either Mr. Wonderful here is planning on LYING to his employer, or he doesn't know much about his job.
ahhhh he can ship those, but you have to be authorized to do so i think.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:59 PM   #18
ms_terese
Quote:
Ahh, must be because of the snakes then.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:53 PM   #19
Cat_72
Again, from the UPS site...

Package Testing: Any packaging used or developed to transport animals should be submitted to an International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) certified package testing laboratory for pre-shipment testing in accordance with ISTA Procedure 3A before being offered for transportation.

So.....yeah, basically it sounds like a pretty drawn out process to get an animal legally shipped by UPS. And NO, they will not give any insurance that it will arrive alive and undamaged.

And of course, back to the original point that UPS does NOT allow 2 day shipping on live animals. I'm still curious to find out if he was planning on lying to his employer to get it shipped cheaper, or if he's just clueless....or both.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #20
sunset
Goes to show how up to date you are on the UPS rules. Yes, they do ship Reptiles. As long as it is not snakes. And no, i don't get special prev. Call the 1-800 and they will tell you shipping reptiles is fine as long as it is not Snakes. Hope this helps out the people who are just trying to at least be nice. There is always someone on this forum trying to stir up trouble with someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
UPS has a policy against shipping reptiles...at least, that's the official reason I was given when they notified me that I could no longer ship my reptiles through them. Are you telling me they make exceptions for their employees?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread