Adopt My reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 11:21 PM   #21
sunset
Cat 72 why can't you just chill out????????????

Cat 72, You know what, i bet you are a nice person underneath all that mean attitude you got going on. So i will say this to you. I am sorry for whatever i did to upset you. I am not a liar, and you should feel bad for making that comment about someone you don't even know. And thanks for the advice on the one day shipping.

And as for BRINGEROFDOOM!!!!! (THE NAME SHOULLD SAY ALL) Who is all into my business about how much money i make, it seems to me to be pretty jealous of my hourly wage. Why did you have to bring how much i make into this anyway??????? You think i only make $25 an hour, guess again.
Try $36 an hour. Hope that makes you happy to know. And i get overtime pay on Saturday's of $54 an hour. Now that you know my life, want to know what color underwear i wear too? LOL

Old 04-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #22
mindcrash
You can say what you want and try to deflect the criticism, but no matter what, it's still a horrible idea to send an animal out using anything other than a next day service.

This has nothing to do with people being mean or poking their noses in your business, it has to do with the wellbeing of the animals in your care. If you care so much about them, spend the extra $11 to make sure they get there safely.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:29 AM   #23
Bringerofdoom
I honestly Could give a care less how much you make. The $25 a hr is the minimal they start you drivers out at, that was all i was referencing. All i am saying is that ups workers normally start out as unloaders or loaders WAY before they wind up in a truck. So if this was the route you picked you should know, what all can happen with a package.

ALSO, Yes they do ship reptiles, but the part you are not seeing is where you have to be certified to ship live animals. Normally you have to send a package out to be tested, then once it passed their test, you are normally granted permission.

HERE is their live animals policy.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Shipping Live Animals

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>UPS provides service on a limited basis for packages containing some types of live animals. The term "animal" as used herein refers to anything living, except plants. While the list of "Accepted Live Animals" provided herein is an exhaustive list of animals that can be offered for transportation in accordance with the conditions listed, the list of "Prohibited Live Animals" is only a partial list of animals provided to clarify specific species that are not accepted for transportation and may not be shipped via UPS. Any animal not specifically listed on the "Accepted Live Animals" list is prohibited by UPS and will not be accepted for transportation.

Packages containing live animals must be prepared in accordance with the requirements as specifically stated herein. Packages containing live animals must provide for the basic humane care and safety of the animal during transportation. Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper’s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.

In the event a package containing a prohibited item is found en route or in the UPS system, that package will be stopped at the location or UPS facility of the discovery. UPS reserves the right to dispose of the package.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Endangered or Threatened Species

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>In addition to the Prohibited Live Animals list provided here, any live animal that is an Endangered Species is prohibited by UPS and will not be accepted for transportation. Shippers must refer to the list posted on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Web site, and the Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants 50 CFR 17.11 and 17.12, December 1999 (pdf file).</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Service Type

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Live animals will only be accepted for transportation when shipped via UPS Next Day Air service, and such shipments will only be accepted Monday through Thursday.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Packaging

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Design and Construction of the Primary Container: All live animals offered for transportation must be in a new box. Corrugated boxes must be constructed of a minimum of 275 # bursting strength corrugated or 44 edge crush test. It is recommended that any package containing animals requiring moisture during transportation be constructed of water-resistant material such as wax coated, wax impregnated, or plastic corrugated. Minimal ventilation holes should be provided as necessary.

Internal Packaging and Other Considerations: Internal packaging materials must be used based on the characteristics of the animal, taking into consideration the necessary humane care for the animal while in transportation. Lizards and geckos should be individually contained in bags constructed of breathable material, such as burlap. Insects should be contained in individual primary containers such as plastic jars with ventilation. Fish must be double bagged in strong plastic bags with a minimum thickness of 4 mils. Each primary bag should be approximately one third full of water with the remainder filled with oxygen.

Package Testing: Any packaging used or developed to transport animals should be submitted to an International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) certified package testing laboratory for pre-shipment testing in accordance with ISTA Procedure 3A before being offered for transportation.

Additional Considerations: Additional components such as food, moisture, and temperature controls should be added as necessary to provide a safe environment during transportation. Additional dunnage should be added to prevent movement of the primary containers or receptacles within the outer box.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.
  • Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
  • Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
  • Fish (All)
  • Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
  • Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
  • Reptiles (Limited to the following):
    - Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
    - Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
  • Worms (All)
Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:
  • Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
  • Any Threatened or Endangered species
  • Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
  • Birds (All)
  • Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
  • Mammals (All)
  • Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
  • Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #24
Bringerofdoom
I agree mind crash. At the money he makes at a driver he surely can afford the extra $11...........

Oh, and as for that comment about my name. Atleast i am not the one thats going to subject a already mean monitor (I WONDER how he got that way anyways, but thats whole other subject) To 2 days in a darkbox getting tossed and bounced around for 2 whole days. OVER a 12 hour over night ship.............

Old 04-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #25
Cat_72
I AM a nice person, that's why I cannot tolerate needless suffering of an animal. And when did I say you were a liar?? I did ASK if you were planning on lying to your employer, since UPS doesn't allow 2nd day shipping on reptiles, and you had offered it as an option. I figured it was either that, or you didn't know very much about your job, since you claimed not to know that UPS won't even allow you to ship that way. You blast terese for not being "current" on UPS regulations, while even you, who keeps reminding us that you WORK FOR THEM, claim to not even know that you can't ship them any way but overnight.

All of this is a moot point anyway.......the whole point of any of us posting on this thread is the fact that you care so little about the welfare of this poor animal to be willing to stuff it in a box for 2 days. My original opinion stands, I would NOT even consider buying an animal from someone who thinks it's ok to ship 2nd day, whether it be from you or anyone else. End of story.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:31 PM   #26
sunset
You both should be stuffed!!!

Both of you are very uneducated people. I see why i make the big bucks!!!
Both of you should be stuffed in a box and shipped to he##.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #27
sunset
Savannah's have been sold, no thanks to these idiot's i had to deal with.
Thank you Kimmie, for giving them a new wonderful home. Sorry you had to read all the bull here.
I am never posting on here again. These people are way to mean for me.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #28
Cat_72
"Both of you are very uneducated people. I see why i make the big bucks!!!"

You know nothing of my education, nor do you know how much money I make. I'm sure YOU had to have at least a doctorate to, um.....load boxes and drive a brown truck?

"These people are way to mean for me."

No, we aren't mean, we are stating facts that you are too ignorant to see for youself. TOO mean is stuffing an innocent animal in a box for 2 days and hoping it survives.

I guess in the long run, it's probably a good thing the monitor went to a new home.....it will at least hopefully be properly cared for. I just hope it lived through the trip there.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:10 PM   #29
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset
Both of you are very uneducated people. I see why i make the big bucks!!!
Both of you should be stuffed in a box and shipped to he##.
LOL!!! thats too funny. Just how much education does it take for one to start out as a unloader or loader and work your way to the top? It's not like you can get put into a truck without starting from the bottom and i know this for a fact. You can be certified to drive the big double semi's and still have to start from the bottom.

If it takes education to drive around town and drop of packages, then you are just as inteligent as the pizza delivery man.......

Old 04-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #30
mindcrash
Were they shipped overnight or 2 day? Thats what I would really be interested in learning.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread