Rare Monitors up for Adoption - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
BILLY WILLIAMS
Rare Monitors up for Adoption

Hello,

I have decided to part ways with several of my monitors, due to the simple fact that I cannot provide the ideal amount of time to care for them at the moment.

I am not interested in making money off of my hobby, and just want my monitors to go to a good home. For personal reasons, I would like all of these animals to go to the same home. NO DEALERS.

I am offering the following animals up for adoption.

2.2 Emerald Tree Monitors (Varanus prasinus)
1.1 Blue Tree Monitors (Varanus macraei)
1.2 Kimberly Rock Monitors (Varanus glauerti)
1.0 Pilbara Rock Monitor (Varanus pilbarensis)

If you are interested in taking on ALL of these monitors, please respond to this thread below with your level of personal experience, prior monitor experiences, accomodations which you have available to house these animals, and why you think I should choose you to be the new keeper of these rare and amazing animals.

I will not give these animals away to any old person, so please, serious inquiries ONLY.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to your responses here on this thread.
Regards,

Robert

Old 01-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
If you decide to split the group. I have room for the pair of Blue Tree Monitors.

Currently we share our home with a White Throat, Nile and Savannah monitor (among other reptiles). We have a custom built 7' x 5' caginging section in our reptile room for our two larger monitors (stacked on top of each other).

Thanks, Stef

Old 01-21-2006, 12:12 AM   #3
BILLY WILLIAMS
I'm sorry, but I specifically said NO DEALERS.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:15 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Wow, you certainly are rude. I'm not a "dealer," thank you.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
BILLY WILLIAMS
I'm sorry if I came off being rude, but are you, or are you not selling a nile monitor on your website? Did you breed and hatch that animal? From the links attached to your response, it shows that you are selling animals that were not bred by you.

I am sorry, but there are so many "good-intentioned" people out there who would turn around and make the 9 or 10 thousand dollars they are worth by selling them. You may very well have good intentions for these animals, but you must understand where I am coming from. I want to ensure that these animals go to good homes, and not someone that is looking to make a profit off of them. As a loving keeper, who hates to see my animals leave, I must be wary and suspicious. From the looks of your website, you are a business, selling animals not produced by you; therefore I will have to pass.

Once again, my apologies if I came off as rude. Thank you for your interest.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
I am selling two male cornsnakes that no longer fit into my breeding plans and I no longer need (two cornsnakes that I registered with the American Cornsnake Registry btw)...and I am also selling a young Nile monitor which is not mine, but is being posted for a local friend (I would keep him, but I have a male Nile now and I do not want a second huge Nile). What I do and do not sell with my business should not be a concern of yours unless you are interested in a purchase or I was misrepresenting my animals. Selling excess breeding stock is not being a "dealer."

All three of my Monitors are males, and we have no plans on breeding or selling them. My White Throat was an adoption from a local fellow who made the decision that he could no longer give him the time and attention he needs, and Kujo is a wonderful pet and we are happy to have him in our home.

I was unaware that a pair of your monitors could sell for 9-10 thousand. That is illrelevant to my offer to adopt the pair and provide them a good loving home. I personally am not a huge monitor person, but my Fiance loves them dearly and was the one who noticed your ad and requested I reply.

I am sorry you must part with any of your pets, but your blatant comment was rude and unnecessary since you didn't have the facts.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
If you would have read my Welcome note, you would have noticed the statement...

Quote:
We breed a select few species including Boas, Beardies, Leopard Geckos and Western Hognose; with our main breeding focused on Cornsnakes.
And before you ask, the Super Hypo Leopard Gecko male on my available page WAS produced by me.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:55 AM   #8
old school
hi billy and happy new year, please let me know how i can help, i am intrested in all varanus, and breed bengals in the past, all the best frank

Old 01-21-2006, 02:12 AM   #9
kruisinkritters
Billy,
I have been doing reptile education programs in so. calif. for the last 30+ years. The major portion of my programs are on monitor lizards of the world and their fragile existence with mankind. I would be interested in your whole group of monitors for education, if you thought that would be a good situation for them. I have had monitors for many years. I currently have 1.0 very large blackthroat 21 years old, 1.1 red tegus 5 years, 1.0 argus 2 years, 2.0 savannahs 15 years, and 6 years. My monitors are all in xlg vision cages. I have no interest in breeding. They will be housed at my home as my monitors are my babies. I would welcome further discussion and be willing to give references, if you think this would be a good fit for you monitors.
sue miller

Old 01-21-2006, 02:58 AM   #10
BILLY WILLIAMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
What I do and do not sell with my business should not be a concern of yours unless you are interested in a purchase or I was misrepresenting my animals. .
But this IS my concern, as I am trying to find good homes for my animals. You have just said that you are selling this animal which is somebody else's. This is what brokers do; this is what dealers do. As I pointed out, this nile monitor which you are selling is not part of any breeding project of yours, and is not a baby produced by you... Hence, you are not selling this animal as a breeder, as your website claims to be(not of monitors), but as a 'side animal' which is not affiliated with your website, just as a broker or dealer would.

I do not think that I was in any way out of line to question your motives, as that nile monitor which you are selling is not a product of what your website stands for or promotes; it doesn't "fit in". My suspicions lie in whether or not my animals would end up in the same situation as that nile you are selling(regardless of what you tell me its origin is), which is why I am screening applicants.

Once again, i thank you for your time and your interest, but I will have to pass on your offer.

I am still looking for more applicants, so please keep the posts coming. I want to make sure they go to a proper home, and will take my time in deciding over the next couple of days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread