Rich Z (WebSlave) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
WebSlave
Unhappy Rich Z (WebSlave)

Hey, so what did you all do during Memorial Day?

Me? Well, I had a heart attack, took a ride in an ambulance to the hospital emergency room, thrown onto an operating table, had a stent placed in my right coronary artery that was real close to being 100 percent blocked, and then spent the last three days in the intensive care unit.

I was told that a third of the people who had my condition do not survive the trip in the ambulance to the operating table.

I will be back there in 5 to 6 weeks to have another stent placed in my left coronary artery that is 60 percent blocked.

Bet I had a lot more fun than most of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Don't ignore chest pain in yourself, see your doctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Good advice, and I second the suggestion of seeing your doctor, Rich. They can at least get a baseline EKG, and refer you for an echocardiogram, if necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
This. You can't help Connie if you don't take care of yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I am OK. Don't worry about me.

It was just a fleeting pain, likely just from the accumulated stress looking for a way to escape my body. I acknowledged it, then dismissed it.
Famous last words.

So yeah, go ahead and throw those "I told you so" comments at me. I am deserving of them, obviously.

I am home now. But things just don't seem real nor relevant to me for some reason.

I suppose stuff has fallen behind here that I need to do, but you know what? It will just have to wait.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
Beyond GenetiX
So sorry to hear that Rich, don't worry about things here.

Old 06-05-2022, 09:52 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
and !!

I am very glad you are doing better!!

Old 06-05-2022, 09:53 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
and !

I am so glad you are okay!!

Old 06-02-2022, 03:05 PM   #5
bcr229
Quote:
So yeah, go ahead and throw those "I told you so" comments at me. I am deserving of them, obviously.
Yeah well I don't take that advice either so... I won't say it.

I'm just glad you're still on this side of the grass.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:17 PM   #6
Lucille
I cried when I read your post. Good tears, that you survived. You and Connie are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Did she have her chemo, and how is she?

Thinking of y'all.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:45 PM   #7
Lucille
So I realize that this isn't going to be a very welcome post and that is OK. I'm sure that every once in a while you probably had to take an Excedrin or three after reading some post of mine through these many past years.

I think you should give some consideration, after talking it over with your doctor, about if and when, to receiving the Covid vaccination. So far, I've had Covid twice, the first time it was much, much worse than the second time. I could not walk from one end of my apartment to the other. And post Covid I developed diabetes, I am convinced it was related to having Covid.

I know how very careful you have been to avoid infection these past few years. But there is no doubt in my mind that you will be exposed some time during your trips to and from the hospital. And I fear that with your present issues, having a bad case of Covid would be difficult. All I'm asking is that you think it over.

Don't be mad just because I brought it up. Please.

Old 06-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
I suppose stuff has fallen behind here that I need to do, but you know what? It will just have to wait.
Yeah I think you have more important things to worry about, take care of yourself and Connie, we'll keep on chugging.

Old 06-02-2022, 08:33 PM   #9
Caryl
Absolutely right to let stuff wait that isn't crucial now. There was a wise saying my husband and I were told to take to heart while expecting our triplets. It's short. It's simple. It's SO correct. And sometimes it's hard anyway.

It's this: people before things. If you follow this precept it's pretty hard to go wrong.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-03-2022, 08:54 AM   #10
Insomniac101
Rich, so sorry to hear this, but happy that you're okay. I was with my mom when she had her heart attack and stent placement. It was really scary to witness, and I can't even begin to imagine going through it.

Over the years, reading your posts, it seems that you and Connie have good diets - seafood, and fresh fruits and vegetables. You've always been active, with the snake and rodent operations, and all the stuff you do on your property. Obviously, there may be other risk factors I have no way of knowing, but it saddens me that this happened to someone who tried to do the right things. My husband and I eat like our parents are out of town for the weekend! Time to make some changes.

I hope you recover quickly, and hope Connie is doing okay.