Reptile Shipping Insurance? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
scaledverts
Reptile Shipping Insurance?

Has everyone seen the email below? I don't yet know what I think about. Also, on-time delivery is usually guaranteed by the shipper anyway, so really this is just for the animal. Thoughts?

My apologies if this is already posted elsewhere.

Quote:

from Robyn Markland robyn@shipyourreptiles.com via createsend3.com
reply-to robyn@shipyourreptiles.com
to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM
subject Insure your live shipments with ShipYourReptiles

Insure your live shipments with ShipYourReptiles

SHIPYOURREPTILES INSURANCE DELIVERS EVEN MORE CONFIDENCE

Littleton, CO - ShipYourReptiles' new on-time and live arrival insurance redefines what is means to ship live reptiles easily, affordably and securely.

ShipYourReptiles insurance provides the only way to insure live and on-time delivery of live reptiles. No other shipper -- UPS, USPS, FedEx or any third party shipper -- provides a similar guarantee. ShipYourReptiles insurance gives shippers utmost confidence by protecting them against late delivery and animal death due to late delivery.

ShipYourReptiles insurance costs $2.50 per $100 in coverage, with a maximum coverage of $1,500. ShipYourReptiles customers can easily add the desired amount of insurance coverage during the Book A Shipment process.

Before this program, reptile shippers who guaranteed live arrival had to pay dead-arrival losses out of their own pockets. ShipYourReptiles insurance removes shippers from this liability by transferring the monetary risk to ShipYourReptiles. In case of late delivery or dead arrival due to late delivery, ShipYourReptiles.com pays the shippers' losses, up to the insured value.

"We are proud of this revolutionary service," says ShipYourReptiles founder Chad Brown. "We have been working for years to make reptile shipping as easy and safe as possible, and our insurance will provide that extra bit of confidence for all reptile shippers -- from big-time breeders to first-timers."

About ShipYourReptiles: In the past 2 1/2 years, ShipYourReptiles has helped thousands of people ship tens of thousands of live reptiles easily, affordably and securely. ShipYourReptiles was founded by reptile breeders Robyn Markland and Chad Brown of Pro Exotics.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
WingedWolf
Yes. My thought is, this is fantastic. Up until now, we had to take all the financial loss from a DOA, and now we don't have to. Granted, there's still some risk of DOA when the package is on time, but that's relatively rare.

Shippers guarantee the package arrives on time, or your money back. That's ALL they guarantee. The $500+ snake is completely on you, no matter if it was late or not. Fed Ex never guaranteed live arrival.

I recommend reading the rules over carefully, if you use it. You have to include a number of things, and stay within their guidelines, for a claim to be possible. It's not very complicated, though.

To date, I've never had a DOA occur, but I'm always a nervous wreck when shipping animals. I know that when you ship large quantities of animals, it's bound to happen one day. I'd hate to lose an animal, but losing $1200 on top of that would be a crushing blow. I'd pay an extra $30 to prevent that financial loss.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
FireStorm
I got the email also, and I think it's great. Haven't used it yet, but you bet I will when I ship... it will give me alot more peace of mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!