Terms of Sale Anger - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #31
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
as well as "left on doorstep" when the driver directly hands it to you

Left on porch is what they put down for the last bunch of babies I got. The driver never even made it to my porch, I met her at the sidewalk.
The seller even commented on it when I called to thank them

What about shipping them "Adult Signature Required", don't they have to get a physical signature then?

Old 07-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #32
Southern Wolf
not if you have a signature release on file.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #33
Shadera
Does anyone have terms they could post here or link to their terms page maybe if they don't mind others looking at them and possibly using bits?

Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #34
shrap
Because of the complete and total unprofessionaism (ex: it says "Left On Porch" in the tracking when you damn well signed for it) with every shipping company out there, I have adopted the policy of requiring a phone call or email within one hour of the delivery time listed on the tracking page or the Live Arrival Guarantee is null and void. As a buyer I have always called/emailed the seller simply as a common courtesy anyway. A little peace of mind for everyone.

2 minutes of direct communication can save hours of BS. It makes no sense not to call or email when we all damn well know that we cant count on a damn thing the shipping companies say or do. They have to be one of the most inconsistent industries I have ever dealt with in my life. So I try to eliminate their involvement in my TOS as much as possible.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #35
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Does anyone have terms they could post here or link to their terms page maybe if they don't mind others looking at them and possibly using bits?
Scroll to the bottom. http://www.sammygreggreptiles.com/available.html

You will notice it is pretty simplistic. On purpose. I personally dont try to make my TOS too black and white nor do I try to cover every possible scenario out there. I know a TOS is there to cover asses legally blah blah blah.... I just dont give a crap. I personally will take an honest mans word and handshake over any TOS put into print.

Am I leaving myself open for a scumbag to try to take advantage? Sure. But as I already said, I dont give a crap. But that is me and I am comfortable doing things my way. Some people are more comfortable with a more in depth and detailed TOS. Whatever works best for you as a seller. Its all good.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #36
TripleMoonsExotic
Shadera, feel free to look at my terms for inspiration. While not as simplistic as Sammy's, I believe it covers most cases you may come against.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #37
Uroboros
How open source are your TOS's? If they're not, I'm totally stealing Sammy's.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #38
hhmoore
My terms are a little longer, the current version is somewhat shortened...and I will probably be consolidating it a bit more. I did opt to spell things out as specifically as possible, mainly because of some of my past experiences.
While my terms are fairly specific, they are not set in stone. When I have gone against my TOS, though, it has always been in the customer's favor (ie, returning deposits, or funds from an aborted payment plan)

Old 07-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #39
Shadera
Thanks for sharing those, guys. No matter how many times I've gone over and redone mine, I can't get them to feel right. I mean, I know what I want to say, but then I am unable to get it across without sounding like a total ya know? I'd cover darn near anything and have covered stuff in the past that wasn't anywhere near being my fault just because that's the way I am, and I hate to have to have a TOS in the first place but I feel like if I don't protect myself. Well. You know.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #40
Twizted Paths
That's why I have drafts scattered everywhere. I want to be fair and do right but I don't want to be taken advantage of either.

I like the mandatory call/e-mail, so simple & common sense! No wonder I didn't think of it.

I always call or at least e-mail the seller once I check the animal out. Just seems like common courtesy.

Thanks for sharing those. I'm going to scrap mine and just start over again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!