my ball python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
omgitskacie12
my ball python

has these weird spots on her i dont know what hey are, of if the mean anything. here re pictures of them i can get more if needed, she has these tiny white spots on her back and larger off white spots on her sides any ideas? she is in shed right now thats why her eyes are that color

Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 AM   #2
Uroboros
If the spots you're talking about are most prominent in the last pic, really hard to tell. The "spot" right in the middle, that's just blushing.

The second pic down looks more odd. I've heard that some fungus' can change small spots' colors. I don't see anything wierd in the rest of the pictures, though.

lol, As soon as I saw the 4th pic, I thought, "Oh, it's in blue" and then read the rest of your post.

Gl with your dude(tte)

Old 07-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #3
Garret
Give her a real close look and see if she is perhaps missing a scale in those areas.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
omgitskacie12
i looked for that first she is missing scales, but not in those spots

Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
omgitskacie12
i tried to treat her for fungus' but nothing, that was a few months ago and she has had those spots her whole life and on her face the stripe on it is very very light with white spots on it (they are very close together) you cant really tell with the pictures

Old 07-14-2009, 03:19 AM   #6
Garret
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitskacie12 View Post
i looked for that first she is missing scales, but not in those spots
So much for the easy solution. If it isn't a missing scale and in the actual coloration itself, anything that can change the tone of melanin both rapidly and substantially probably isn't good. Get her to a vet.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
omgitskacie12
well to find out she is missing a few scales so that explains for the tail but it doesnt explain for the spotting on her face

Old 07-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
Garret
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitskacie12 View Post
well to find out she is missing a few scales so that explains for the tail but it doesnt explain for the spotting on her face
The head pic above isn't clear or detailed enough for me to see. If you can get a higher resolution pic, that'd be a big help.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
omgitskacie12
ill try but im using my cell phone and you know how crappy they take pictures lol, ill see if i can find a camera somewhere

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!