Ya'll gotta watch this ignorant video of the KILLER BOA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
steelersdiehard
Ya'll gotta watch this ignorant video of the KILLER BOA

It a video link you must watch the "Killer Boa" is on the loose!

http://www.wgem.com/global/video/pop...clipFormat=flv

Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
see, that crap ticks me off.. KILLER SNAKE.. DEADLY BOA..

IF someone does find that snake(that is not a reptile person), they will most likely kill it and be proud.

how long till you think they report it found? (dead or alive) and see its a yearling or something.. ya know? like a 4 foot little guy.

ugh

Old 07-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Uroboros
They were talking about an 8' boa, the picture they showed was of a very young snake.

While it is capable of killing one of those kids pictured, as we all know, it would rather run away.

I love how the whole mood of the bit is of a boa that's stalking, waiting to strike at ANY MOMENT RUN FOR YOUR LIVES. No word was given that they're generally quite docile and willing to run away first. And if it isn't found by this winter, it's not going to be an issue come spring.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
MikeAnthony
What city & state is this in?

Old 07-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
akaangela
That is so STUPID. Granted the "deadly snake" COULD kill, but so could ANY stray dog. Do you see them talking about the cocker spaniel that bit some kid? Nope. I bet this poor thing is just hiding and maybe trying to find a bit of a meal. And tell me shouldn't ALL parents be watching their kids when they are out playing? A physico could pick up one of those kids and kidnap them, now that IS a threat. It is very sad, just another hit on the reptile community. I SO wish people would be more careful. I have yet had a snake that escaped go outside. I hope some herper finds this snake and not some idiot who will kill it at first glance.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Tiger Lilly
WOW...I almost expected them to show villagers stampeding or scenes from Godzilla in the background!

Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
WOW...I almost expected them to show villagers stampeding or scenes from Godzilla in the background!
LOL God forbid a corn snake come into their yard. The national guard may be called out.... This is just more snake haters and they propaganda

Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
MikeAnthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnthony View Post
What city & state is this in?
Found it myself, Quincy, IL, where, I believe, snakes that size are restricted.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
Shadera
-screams- Don't let it eat me! Another example of the media sensationalism that the fear mongers just love. And sadly another nail in the herper coffin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!