I'm still alive! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
StinaUIUC
I'm still alive!

Just thought I'd let y'all know I'm still around...lol Not a whole lot going on new with my leopard geckos...I have a few eggs incubating. The biggest thing that's happened with them is that my male 66% het from Jeremy's RRS line disappeared while I was in Mexico for spring break! I loved that gecko...he was amazing! I don't know where he went...but when I got home his cage was open about an inch and he was gone and I couldn't find him anywhere! The guy watching my animals also had some trouble with my mice which was mostly not his fault...my males chewed out of their cage, but then he put them in with my girls and 2 of my males ended up dead and 2 completely missing....one of which was one of my favorite mice and who hadn't been in the cage with the other males...so I have no idea how he could have disappeared unless the guy did something with him At any rate beyond that most of my girls are currently laying and doing well...can't wait to get some albino babies finally!
Beyond the geckos my biggest news is that I'M GOING TO VET SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! YAAYYY!!!!!!! I'll be at Kansas State this fall Right now I'm looking for a place to live out there...my parents are going to buy me a trailer home...and I think I may have found one that will be absolutely perfect! Now i just have to make sure it will work and then make sure I can get it before anyone else does! I am horrified of vet school.....lol I have a friend who started there last year and has complained to me about it ALL YEAR.........and now I have to go do it.... ....lol Anyway...not too much else is going on here...just thought I'd let everyone know I was still around

Old 05-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
LadyGecko
Hey Christina- it's good to hear from you
WOW- bummer on what happened when you were away-I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Leo and the problems with the mice
I hope that your Leo turns up
and WOW again-good for you going to vet school
I wish you all of the luck in the world that things work out OK and that you don't have alot of those pesky distractions that can be such a pain and can get through it!!
Go For It!!
Sandy

Old 05-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
perefalcon
Wondered where you went, glad to see you're back, hope the trip was a blast

Old 05-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaUIUC
Just thought I'd let y'all know I'm still around...lol Not a whole lot going on new with my leopard geckos...I have a few eggs incubating. The biggest thing that's happened with them is that my male 66% het from Jeremy's RRS line disappeared while I was in Mexico for spring break! I loved that gecko...he was amazing! I don't know where he went...but when I got home his cage was open about an inch and he was gone and I couldn't find him anywhere!
I dont get it....

Sorry to hear that Stina...

Old 05-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
StinaUIUC
thanks guys

Quote:
I dont get it....
huh?...what don't you get?.....and what're the rolled eyes about?....

Old 05-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
Gregg M
Hasnt this happened to you once before???

What I dont understand is how it escaped....

Old 05-29-2006, 05:26 AM   #7
StinaUIUC
I've never had a gecko gone for more than a couple hours (and as far as I can remember that only happened like twice...I found them right away. This guy disappeared over spring break when the guy who was watching my animals left his cage open.

on another note.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! My roommate just found him in his room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is dehydrated and has lost a lot of weight...but he is definitely alive and kicking! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #8
WindyO
I hope you are thinking about changing your cages. My brother had a snake get out and it roamed the house for four months. When I asked where he was going to keep it after I found it he answered back in the same cage it escaped from. Just to humor him we put it back and watched quietly from across the room. Not even fifteen minutes later it was working his escape route again.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #9
Jeremy Letkey
Glad you found him Stina.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
brandy101010
Hope you can get him back in shape in no time. Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!