LLLReptiles hits the mark with me. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
Ophis
LLLReptiles hits the mark with me.

Bought an established Biak Chondro in October from "Skittles" at thier Chicago show table. Good price, Nice guys, entusiastic sellers, Chondro started eating right away and hasnt missed since. Shed once and is a fiesty little Biak. How are your Chondros doing Skittles?

Old 12-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Ophis
Woops

Forgot Name:

Joe Black

Old 12-11-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
phantom libbo
Angry dealing with triple lll

hello when i first started dealing with reptiles i bought my first animal from them. then some friends of mine bought some too. to make a long story short my friend bought a amythistine python in the 7 ft range great animal. but when he booked his flight to go home he was told he couldn'y bring the snake with him. so i went for him to triple lll's to so if he could get a trade for a lizard or such. they agreed and gave me a peachthroat monitor sub adult.
this thing never ate. it had no fat reserve on its tail at all.
nothing but bone. he had to give the animal away to someone who could at least try and nurse it back to health. our inexperience got the better of us but triple lll's should be ashamed of selling sick animals to people

Old 12-11-2004, 12:29 PM   #4
MGReptiles
Aaron yo have to post your full name...Just FYI.. I have delt with LLL on some animals several years ago and everything went fine. The animals (savannah monitor and whites tree frogs) were very good looking but I am sure they were WC's... I have also orderd crickets from them several times and everyting was fine then tooo... Oh and Aaron good to see another WV gent here..
-Matt Graybeal

Old 12-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
phantom libbo
full name is aaron scott furbee

i too have purchased some very good animals from them i'm just pissed about the last one which probably died. alot of money down the drain and even worse a great looking animal died. sorry for not putting full name there

Old 12-11-2004, 01:50 PM   #6
nicolai
this one struck me funny...

I bought a few things off of LLL reptile before at the philly shows and had no problems with anything so I have nothing to complain about with them . The one comment you made aaron,.

"so i went for him to triple lll's to see if he could get a trade for a lizard or such. they agreed and gave me a peachthroat monitor sub adult.
this thing never ate. it had no fat reserve on its tail at all.
nothing but bone."

Struck me funny. You say you WENT to LLL and picked this animal up for them , then say that it had no fat resevoirs in the tail, just bone. Didn't you see that when you went to their shop? If so why did you take it??

I am not critsizing you or saying you were wrong or anything but everybody that reads this post is going to be wondering the exact same thing..If you saw it was skinny or sick...why not Just say NO!!!, and ask to see another animal.

You probably did get a sickly animal from them but did you give scott the opportunity to work something out with you?

Just an outsiders view.

Nick Bonn

" Breeding reptiles is my obsession not my hobby or my business, doing something for a hobby is what you do when you have the time and the mind to do it, doing it as a business you do it primarily for the money and your livelihood, as a obsession you do it to see how well you can do it and to see what you can achieve and always strive to do better."

Old 12-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #7
phantom libbo
aaron scott furbee in response

as my first description of the account went. i was just beginning buying and keeping retiles. i also stated my inexperience in this account. the animal my friend snow wanted was a monitor. so i thought i was getting a good one becuase i had bought animals from them before as i stated. all of the previous animals i purchased where very good eaters and had exceptional colors. i really don't know anyone who when they first buy reptiles are genuine experts. and i was no exception. i just knew i liked what i saw and had enough responsibility to keep that animal healthy and stress free. after i gave him the monitor and a couple of days later realizing this thing was not eating anything offered to it. including eggs, ham, jumbo crickets , mice, pinkies, fuzzies. and i confronted the people at triple lll. they told me no refunds but told me that if i purchased a vitamin paste that supposedly makes animals hungry. this monitor would eat. to make a long story short i had to take responsibility for this animal and make up the difference to my friend who i went for. i finally gave this animal to a store not for money but so that it could have a chance to live. my inexperience cost me money not knowing what i was doing or how to go about looking for what is healthy and what is not. my yellow ananconda that i bought from them was perfect. thanks and sorry for any confusion any of this may have cuased and i hope this makes what i wrote earlier more clear

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!