Bad Feedback - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
hhmoore
Those people couldn't give you grey squares - the grey ones indicate that no karma transfer could take place...it happens when a person with no (or negative) karma tries to give you some. You still get the notification, but it has no impact on your "score".

The person that commented about whether you'd actually had a transaction might not have read enough to know that...but, since the first post of that comment was "no need to throw insults", my read was that the karma hit was because of something you said in that specific) post.
The other person is the one that I would be surprised to hear made an assessment of the situation without reviewing the thread...but, without knowing what post got the hit, it's just a guessing game. (That isn't a suggestion that you link to the post - people that follow it could give/take more karma points)

As has been said - you are the only person that sees that information. (If I specifically go looking for it, I can see that you received karma, by whom, and the comments left...I cannot see the post involved, or tell with certainty if it is positive or negative). Karma is simply a peer review of your posts - similar to hitting Like on Facebook...except we also have the option to hit Dislike. Somebody tried to give me negative karma recently for pointing out that his response in an ad was unprofessional - I saw the mark, looked at my post, decided that I was comfortable that it was accurate, and promptly disregarded the negative. Sometimes knowing the identity of the karma giver is a good thing, as negative comments from some people would make me think harder about what was said...or help me understand a different viewpoint.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #12
Mistyck
Ok, in that thread you're calling Harald antagonistic, and saying that the mods will give you an infraction for speaking your mind and just in general being a pain in the butt, and you wonder why random people gave you negative karma? Really?! And then you're going to say that it's totally unwarranted?! You even decided to tell off the admin/owner of the site and tell him that his own words should be an infraction on his own site. Real smart... Yet you want to gripe about what negative karma you got from said thread?!

Take the negative karma, and get on with it. Good gawd, it doesn't even affect anything, other than what you see. NO ONE ELSE can see it, (well now everyone can since you did a screen shot of it) and it doesn't do anything unless you have a "red block." Yours is still green, so you still have positive karma. It's not that big of a deal.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #13
hhmoore
Hmmmm - maybe I should go back and look at that thread.
(not really that interested - Brandi's comment triggered a vague memory...but if that green square turns red tonight, I might have changed my mind, lol)

Old 09-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #14
WebSlave
So, you got this feedback over a year and a half ago and it is only NOW that you are losing sleep over it and wringing your hands in agony?

Old 09-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #15
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
(not really that interested - Brandi's comment triggered a vague memory...but if that green square turns red tonight, I might have changed my mind, lol)
Haha! I *might* have it up on my screen if ya need the link...you know, just in case you need to jog your memory even more.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Yeah, you should Harald. At one point I made the following post in reply to her, uh, postings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Warning: You seem to be intent on proving to everyone that you don't really have a clue about the design and intent of the BOI. I am sorry, but things are here the way they are because that is how I want it to be. And you appear to want to make part of this thread about yourself as well, apparently referencing some slight, real or imagined, that you got from a moderator here in the past. Sorry, but as best I can determine, this thread is not about you.

You've been asked by at least one moderator to move such conversations to the Feedback Forum, and as best I can tell, you don't appear to be inclined to follow that advice. But please note that your continuing to ignore that suggestion is moving your off topic chatter into being an infraction of the rules here for being disruptive of the topic of this particular discussion. Infractions are warnings that continued violation of the rules can result in your being banned from this site. Please take this as sort of a "pre-infraction warning".

FYI, the moderators here are following MY rules that I have put into place concerning the BOI. This is the method I have surmised (hopefully) that is the best way to run a forum such as the BOI, so that is how it is. If I can be convinced there is a better way, then certainly I am all ears to hear such a suggestion. As long as it is new and unique, and not one I have heard dozens of times in the past, however. If you have an issue with this perspective, you are welcome to continue the discussion in the Feedback Forum, but NOT here. If this request is not clear to you, I suggest that you ask someone to explain it to you before you earn an infraction with your next off topic post in this thread. Please re-read the topic line of this thread so that you will hopefully understand what THIS thread is supposed to be about.

Another FYI, this has nothing at all to do with staff liking or not liking what you are discussing. It has to do with YOUR posting in a manner contrary to the rules I have put in place here. Please understand that there IS a difference.
Again......

Old 10-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #17
hhmoore
Quote:
So, you got this feedback over a year and a half ago and it is only NOW that you are losing sleep over it and wringing your hands in agony
I just found out a few days ago that I'm on somebody's "list" - never ever to be forgiven - because I have him negative karma (once) two years ago...

Old 10-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #18
Mistyck
Quote:
So, you got this feedback over a year and a half ago and it is only NOW that you are losing sleep over it and wringing your hands in agony?
Maybe she took to heart that you told her shape up or be ship out, and decided to ship out herself for a bit?

Either way I also still see no reason for this thread, or why she's griping about negative karma from over a year ago.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Maybe she took to heart that you told her shape up or be ship out, and decided to ship out herself for a bit?
Any chance she shipped off to FaceBook and suddenly remembered that negative karma that just NEEDS to be addressed here right now?

Now where did I put that gallon jug of troll-b-gone? No relation to this thread, of course, just a random thought I just had.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #20
Mistyck
Quote:
Yeah, you should Harald. At one point I made the following post in reply to her, uh, postings...

Again......
Ya big ole meanie you!

Quote:
I just found out a few days ago that I'm on somebody's "list" - never ever to be forgiven - because I have him negative karma (once) two years ago...
Oooh, I guess when you do it, you do it right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!