Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #151
AJ reptiles
I said it was easy...Somebody needs to smack me before I jinx myself next time...I got results back today from FedEx...Only problem with my package...Can not use FedEx boxes to ship live animal shipments...I wish they had said that to me when I was standing at the counter buying boxes from them...Anyway no big deal...They recommend using a single wall corrugated box to tightly fit around the foam cooler with a minimum 200 lbs burst strength or 32 ect rating..The second time around I sent my foam box inside a double walled corrugated box with twice the recommended strength...I also put a outer box around my test package of equal strength...I then stood on my box to test it 180 pounds... also threw it against the wall...test complete... I went to a packaging center and bought this last box...Cost me seven dollars per box...If you do not have a packaging center near you....I know uhaul and ryder truck rental places usually sell boxes...just check on bottom of box for strength or ect rating...Sorry to anybody that followed my foot steps the first go around...I never thought to ask is a FedEx box okay for shipping with FedEx...

Old 03-05-2006, 02:28 AM   #152
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ reptiles
hello everybody...just wanted to thank those who got this ball rolling...would like to add this to the post...If you have any questions getting started call this number at FedEx 1-800-633-7019...menu option pick general package information ask for David...this is the guy you will be sending your test package to...David knows about this thread and told me he was the guy everybody needed to be talking to first....I went to the FedEx counter put my package together right there cost me $3.50...called David handed my phone to the clerk at the FedEx counter he told her what she needed to know...free to ship test package...free to return test package back to you when they finish...when you get test package results call this number 1-800-405-9052 this is the live animal desk...you need to send test results to them...they will send you the contract between you and FedEx for shipping live animals.... after that you should be good to go....these two numbers above is all you need to make it happen...no hassle...super easy...David can walk you through the whole deal...really nice guy...good luck...
Realistically, once your account rep contacts you, HE/SHE should do all the miscellaneous calling & sending...but having another helpful contact is always a plus

Old 05-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #153
ItsJustJosh
Well, now, that's just fool's talk. When dealing with shipping companies, it's almost easier to put on a suit, walk in like you own the place, and copy everything and give it to the people that need it yourself. By the time they realize you don't work there, everyone will have what they need and you'll be gone.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #154
hhmoore
So, let me get this straight - you make two posts in two years, and this one is for the sole purpose of telling me I'm a fool?? Why don't you share the story about how YOU became FedEx certified...I'm sure we could all learn alot from it.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #155
ItsJustJosh
NO NO NO!!!
Fool's talk as in expecting anything with FedEx would be as easy as it should be. A joke, albeit not a good one.
I meant absolutely nothing against you in any way.
Sorry for the misunderstanding..... occupational hazard when communicating on the internet.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #156
hhmoore
Darn.
And I was so looking forward to your story, lol.
Mystery, intrigue, witty repartee at the water cooler. It could have had it all.
(I even had the Mission Impossible theme cued up as a lead in.)

On a serious note, though - it really is a function of how good the rep is. There are posts by a number of people on the various threads that show that to be true. The process only takes a couple of weeks start to finish, once the ball gets rolling. Of course, as stated previously, it is always nice to have a couple of other contacts in case things get bogged down someplace.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #157
ItsJustJosh
I'm still waiting for the ball to get rolling.... I called several different numbers, and left voice mails on all of them. Will follow up Monday, I guess.
I do have a standard FedEx account, so I will just do it the 'Old Fashioned' way until I get the signatures and all processed.
sigh...

Old 05-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #158
hhmoore
Have you ever been contacted by your rep? That was the problem I had with getting things started...the "normal channels" just don't seem to get the job done when you don't know who your rep is. I ended up contacting the person CJ recommended in one of the other threads:
Lenny Evansek
FedEx Account Executive
leonard.evansek@fedex.com
I got a call back from my rep that same day, and the process went smoothly after that.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #159
ItsJustJosh
yeah, i left a voicemail with my rep. I'll call him again Monday, and if I don't hear back by Weds I'll call his boss. I'm not in a huge hurry.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #160
Otter_23
I just started the process last week and my rep who has never done this before has been great so far. She has called me several times and has really put effort into helping me get this done. Now I just have to send in my test box.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver