Help identify this blue tongue skink - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
Jamesc0625
Help identify this blue tongue skink

Hello, I was looking to buy a blue tongue skink. I came across this one and the guy wasn’t 100% sure what kind it was. He said he got it as a gift over year ago.

Can you tell me how old he looks and what kind he is? And if he looks healthy?

Also what I should look for when I go to buy him to make sure he’s healthy
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
Jamesc0625
Any help?

Old 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
Geckoflora
I'm not the greatest at identifying species but it looks like it might be a merauke to me?

Try posting pics here, there are some more experienced people who could probably ID it:
http://bluetongueskinks.net/

It's pretty much impossible (as far as I'm aware) to guess the age of an adult skinks, especially just from pictures. But maybe some more experienced skink keepers could guess for you.

He does look fairly healthy from the pictures, but they aren't the greatest quality pics and don't show everything. If you look at him in person, make sure to check around the eyes/nose/mouth especially like for any signs of mouth rot or respiratory infection. Also check the body to make sure there aren't any strange looking spots, mites, or bad stuck shed. Body condition looks good from the pics but that's all I can really tell.

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #4
heyitsedmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckoflora View Post
I'm not the greatest at identifying species but it looks like it might be a merauke to me?

Try posting pics here, there are some more experienced people who could probably ID it:
http://bluetongueskinks.net/

It's pretty much impossible (as far as I'm aware) to guess the age of an adult skinks, especially just from pictures. But maybe some more experienced skink keepers could guess for you.

He does look fairly healthy from the pictures, but they aren't the greatest quality pics and don't show everything. If you look at him in person, make sure to check around the eyes/nose/mouth especially like for any signs of mouth rot or respiratory infection. Also check the body to make sure there aren't any strange looking spots, mites, or bad stuck shed. Body condition looks good from the pics but that's all I can really tell.

Good luck!

Meruake for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 05-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
Tonguedblueguy
Yes, yes. This particular blue tonge skink is a "Meruake variety"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!