Introduction - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
MiIguanaLvr
Introduction

Hello All,

My name is Beth. I founded a boxer rescue here in MI and through that I met the people who operate MI Reptile Rescue. They foster dogs for me and I foster Herps for them. Thats what got me into my first lizard and now I am in love. That was two years ago. My first lizard was an adorable rescued Beardie I named Matilda. She is GREAT. Then I got Tootsie, a Green Iguana. Next came Darwin the Uromastyx, last but not least is the C.Similis Spiney tail Iguana I personally saved from a really poor owner. Well, now I foster for the rescue too and that added another Green Iguana, a Blue Iguana Hybred and two young sulcotta torts.
I am full fledged into the herp thing now!

I read on Fauna almost every day, trying to get a feel for who is who and what they do.

I am not at all as hard core into herps as some of you guys, and all of my animals were rescues except the uromastyx, but I do love them and care for them very well, nonetheless.

I just wanted to introduc myself to all of you. I hope to see you around on the board.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
collisonzoo
Welcome to Fauna!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Greetings Beth!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
MiIguanaLvr
Its awesome to find other MI herpers here. Are either of you part of MI Herp Society? I am not yet but plan on joining.
Are either of you going to be at Tinley Park in October?

Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
I've considered joining the MI Herp Society, but there are never any meetings or functions on this side of the state, so it didn't really make much sense to me. I am trying to finalize plans to go to Tinley though, I'm attempting to schedule a work related trip to Chicago on the 10th, and wow, what a coincidence, Tinley is that weekend too! What are the odds, huh?

Old 08-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
MiIguanaLvr
Very cool. I am going this year, for my first time. I am very excited. I have to see some Soloman Island Skinks in person. Trying to decide if I want one or not.
I am really a total Iguana person, any and all kinds, though.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
collisonzoo
We are members of the MI Herp Society, though I have to admit that I don't make it to many of the meetings. We are also going to be in Tinley Park this year. We will be set up as vendors. If you're able to make it, stop by and say hi!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Welcome to Fauna!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 AM   #9
varnyard
Welcome Beth, glad you can join us!! And you are correct the people who operate MI Reptile Rescue are awesome. Jane has a real big heart for the animals, it is nice knowing there are people that are true blue about helping our reptiles in need.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:15 AM   #10
MiIguanaLvr
Thanks Bobby,

I wanted to clear up something I said in my first post. The caymen island blue hydrid is going to end up an educational animal for the rescue. My job as her foster is to socialize her and help her trust humans. She is not for adoption. She is a really big brat right now but we will get there. I have Jane for guidence and years of dog training experience so I know it will just take time.

You are right though, Jane is wonderful! I just love her and Stephanie. They know their stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!