For Sale 1.1 Adult Zhou's Box Turtle And 1.1 Chinese Golden Coin Turtle still available - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors Ľ  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds Ľ Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

YES! You can option out of the Google and InfoLinks ads! Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
alexcbreptiles
1.1 Adult Zhou's Box Turtle And 1.1 Chinese Golden Coin Turtle still available

1.1 Cuora Trifasciata, Chinese 3 Striped Box Turtle, adult proven breeders
1.1 Zhou's Box turtle, Cuora zhoui adults

Email me at: alexcbreptiles@gmail.com

Thanks for inquiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zhou's Box Turtle.jpg (26.9 KB, 1700 views)
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-30-2019, 07:56 PM   #2
Lcmacg79
Hi,
Please send further information.
Thanks,
Leslie

Old 07-30-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
kevinminto
This was six years ago.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
CaptainSpaulding
I'll take them! ;-)

Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #5
Lcmacg79
Hoax about animals I imported that are definitely not fir sale

Funny thing, the photo used is of the male of the pair of Cuora zhoui that I purchased in 2001. To my knowledge, they were the last pair of zhoui to enter the US from Hong Kong. I bought them, took 8 months to get them dewormed and back to decent body weight and health, then brought them to the NC Turtle Reserve, a breeding facility for rare turtles and tortoises run by my late friend Dave Lee. These have had many offspring over the years since. They are, to my knowledge, the only wc breeding pair outside Meierís group in Germany. The photo is from a paper on their breeding and husbandry that Dave and I published in Radiata. Interesting that someone used it to try to sell precious animals that are certainly not for sale on Fauna Classifieds.
Dr. Leslie MacGregor

Old 07-31-2019, 11:13 PM   #6
clemmysnut
The seller, Alex Seiss was a good friend of David Lee. I knew both of them. She probably posted the ad after Dave's passing...just saying.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #7
Lcmacg79
Could be. I met Alex numerous times at Daveís. She took the photos for our paper. I donít know why she would post an ad after Daveís passing that said she was selling our zhoui breeding pair in a classified ad. Who knows.
L

Old 08-04-2019, 05:08 PM   #8
Backyard Breeder
How long ago did David Lee pass away. It seems it was not that long ago I was talking to him at the Daytona show about an article he wrote for Reptiles magazine. We discussed using his old refrigerator as an incubator for turtle eggs on his back porch. Super nice guy. It is so sad that he is not with us anymore, I would have loved to ask him more questions.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:27 AM   #9
Lcmacg79
David S. Lee

David S. Lee (1943-2014) was a writer, naturalist, conservationist, teacher, research scientist, and museum curator. Dave was a unique man who made significant contributions in conservation and understanding natural history of fish, seabirds, crocodiles and especially in turtles and tortoises. He was a great friend, with a memorable sense of humor.

Old 08-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #10
Bay Area Chelonia
Hi Leslie, I am not aware of any significant breedings in the US, only Munster. In fact, I don't believe the male is alive anymore as TSA had to import a male from germany since all the males in the US died. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!