GTP & Respiratory Noises - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #11
Joolissa
Thanks for your concern, but I don't plan on changing my caging right now. I posted a link of a very similar set up on a very good GTP breeders website and I have done plenty of research about humidity levels. Everything that I have been able to find says they need to dry out to 50-60%, which my cage does. She also comes out of her cage into dryer environments and it dries out further when I open the doors. She has gotten much healthier than when she arrived in this enclosure. I have been paying a lot of attention to when she makes the noises I was concerned about and she only ever makes them when I am in contact with her in some way. In fact, I was running my finger along her the other day to make sure that she wasn't too dry since she's about to shed and she gurgled right at me. It is just her way of saying I'm being annoying. I've never had a snake that's done that, so it was something I hadn't encountered before. Again, thank you for your concern and I will definitely bookmark that site for future reference!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnowcustoms View Post
you should change the bottom substrate! The entire bottom should not be water! They do like to go on the ground too occasionally. if you hear the gurgling again bring it to a qualified vet! she may be developing a respiratory infection from her cage never drying out enough. water on the entire bottom is a bad idea. i recommend you looking around on here if you don't believe me: http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/
I definitely agree with this post. you need to change your all water substrate, to a larger waterbowl in combination with the mister.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
green tree python, housing, respiratory infection