Overland Park or St Louis (VFW)??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

View Poll Results: Overland Park or St Louis????
Overland Park, November 20 4 80.00%
St Louis, December 4 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2005, 05:38 AM   #1
shep151
Overland Park or St Louis (VFW)???

Well, my work schedule allows me to vend at one of two upcoming shows.
One is the Kansas City Reptile show in Overland Park on November 20th, and the other is the Exotic Arc show at the VFW hall in St. Louis on December 4th.
Anyone who has been to either show have an opinion on it, and anyone been to both?

Old 10-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
KCRD.com
The Shows

Well I just wanted to say that being a vendor that sets up at both of the shows, they are both very well run conentions. I help promote the KC show with Jason Cruse so it's difficult for me not to be a little one sided. Jim Brumley does a great job with that show and they are both growing shows that offer potential to make good sales. The attendence is similar in that they both run around 300-750 people throug the door.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 AM   #3
tcr03
ok, so there is a show in st. louis. where is it at, and where can i get directions. i live in st. louis and would like to know about more shows in my area.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:05 AM   #4
KCRD.com
St. Louis Show(s)

There are actually two shows in St. Louis. The next dates for them are in December. The one that this thread is referring to is the show put on by Jim Brumley of Exotic Ark Pet Store in St. Louis. Contact Jim at the store for more information about the next show. The other show is ran by Patrick Neighbors of Sauiron.net, both are very well run shows that always prove to be woth while for both attending and vending.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:29 AM   #5
Karen Hulvey
Go up above this post and click on CALENDAR. It brings up the October calendar. Go to the bottom of the page where it says JUMP TO and click on December to get the December calendar. On it you will get the times and websites of the show in St. Louis and the one in South County.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:34 AM   #6
Karen Hulvey
Here's how to solve your dilemma. Get a Mapquest driving directions from your home to each event. I'd go to the one that is closest to you. I have only been to the South County one and if Jason says they're both about the same, he's right as he's been to both. The shortest distance would be a way for you to decide.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:29 AM   #7
Xelda
I have to be honest and say that while the Overland Park show is a great place to meet people, it really only attracts the pet-buying crowd. People expect to buy $10 and $20 animals instead of high end rare morphs. I know some big name breeders have been there and not sold a thing.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #8
tcr03
thanks eveyone. ill probly hit up both shows.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #9
shep151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Here's how to solve your dilemma. Get a Mapquest driving directions from your home to each event. I'd go to the one that is closest to you. I have only been to the South County one and if Jason says they're both about the same, he's right as he's been to both. The shortest distance would be a way for you to decide.
That's a good plan, Karen, but I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle!
I've decided to start with the Overland Park show. Thanks for the input everyone!

Old 11-19-2005, 11:33 PM   #10
Princesskelleye
Quoted:
"I have to be honest and say that while the Overland Park show is a great place to meet people, it really only attracts the pet-buying crowd. People expect to buy $10 and $20 animals instead of high end rare morphs. I know some big name breeders have been there and not sold a thing."

I have to have a little say in this one. My husband and I promote the KC Reptile show and so I may be a little biast, but we have some vendors that make some good money there. Keep in mind that Johnson County is the second or third richest county in the nation and people have the money to buy if you have the animal they are looking for. I see every person that walks out of that door and let me tell you that I see some full hands out!!

My husband also does the St. Louis show and likes it as well. I would say if you are in the middle and can make both weekends....... why not do both.??? Hope to see you all there!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!