trying to pic a cham - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #11
tcr03
thats ok. im starting to notice that the traffic in this forum is low. but i can wait

Old 11-04-2005, 10:31 PM   #12
Dave W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcr03
thats ok. im starting to notice that the traffic in this forum is low. but i can wait
Howdy,
I just sent you a private message with some info.

Dave

Old 11-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
ChamyOscar
if you do not know much about chameleons i would suggest getting a veiled, i have found that they are the easiest to care for. also i might suggest a male. they get a lot bigger and you dont have to deal with the eggs that females will lay several times per year. males seem to be a lot less work to me.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:58 PM   #14
tcr03
well i have been looking up lots of stuff in the past few days. most of the info if very informative, but some is turning me away from the cham. i see lots of ppl saying that it will cost 600-1000 to get everything started. i find this a bit extream. i have scrap wood laying around at work, so im going to make a cage out of that, and take it from there. ill get lights and stuff in stages. it is looking like i will be getting a veild cham, but it wont be for a while. im gonna get everything i need first(good idea) and that might take a while.

another thing that conserns me is that alot of ppl say that they spend alot of money on vets. i do not plan on going to the vet unless it is nessasary. i hope this is not a animal that is sic often.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #15
YJHB
Panthers and Veiled's are supposedly just as hardy as one another, though veild's are more aggressive and eat more plant material. I bought my first Panther in March of this year, and my second and third in August. So far, none of them have been sick. If you keep their cage clean and take appropriate care of them, it has been my experience thus far that they are hardy. I'm sure my female will prove more difficult once she gets to the egg laying stage, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it by arming myself with knowledge just like you are doing. You're doing the right thing, looking and learning before you buy, I wish more ppl were like you.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:20 AM   #16
tcr03
well does anyone have any pics of there chams and the setup they are in.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #17
YJHB
Talking

I thought you'd never ask! I am in a rush atm; have to go to work but will post at around 4pm e.s.t. when I get back. Get this- I use Tinker Toys in their cages! I had more fun setting up their cages than I've had in years

Old 11-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #18
tcr03
well its alittle past 4pm, and a day later, but i would still like to see those pics.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #19
YJHB
OMG I completely forgot when i got home from work and now I have an appt, but lets do this right quick...first one is my Nosey Be/Ambilobe hybrid Charlie. The second one is Zeus, an Ambanja. Hera is the third, but as a young female she is pretty nondescript... They are wonderful; Zeus and Charlie take roaches right from the hand Keep in mind that Zeus is only 5 months old with that colour...Hera is four months now.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #20
tcr03
sweet thanks. i cant wait to get mine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!