trying to pic a cham - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #21
JonathanF
I think its a very good idea to have all your stuff ready before you get the chameleon. Like the enclosure, I had one for when he was a baby and one for know(about ten months old) Panthers are a great species. Heres Zephir, my Nosy Be.

small cage:

bigger cage:

Zephir(eating a beetle):

Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 PM   #22
YJHB
Oh, what a pretty boy! Where did you get him?

Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #23
JonathanF
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJHB
Oh, what a pretty boy! Where did you get him?
I got him in a local reptile store here in Montreal, Canada when he was only 2 weeks old.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #24
tcr03
hey jonathan, where did you get the second enclosure. that is pretty nice.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #25
JonathanF
I got the enclosure at the same reptile shop where I bought my chameleon, A guy over there builds them in his spare time. Its 3X2X1 feet. I know screameleons.com or http://chameleonsonly.com/ have good ones for sale.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #26
Dave W.
Howdy,

Here are a couple of old photos. I've organized things a bit more since these were taken.

Panther, Veiled, Veiled

Silkworms, superworms, crickets, roaches: hissers, orange spotted, lobsters.

Panther

5 year-old Veiled (on arrival for foster homing back in March)

2 year-old Veiled (on arrival for foster homing back in March)

Old 11-12-2005, 06:08 PM   #27
YJHB
Wow, nice set ups you have (had) there! I would be interested in seeing your improvements!

Old 11-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #28
Dave W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJHB
...I would be interested in seeing your improvements!
Howdy,

Most of the improvements were related to cleaning-up my plumbing. I changed the way the pump, heater, regulator and holding tank connect. I now have quick-disconnect fittings like you find on air tools at gas stations. It makes it easy to remove the water tank for sterilizing etc. The rest of the improvements were adding a compact refrigerator for storing silkworm foods and some kinds of insects and then changing the roaches to substrate-free keeping...

Old 11-20-2005, 08:09 PM   #29
soggysandwich
you have live plants in there? i bought a live plant for my cage and it was gone in about a week

Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #30
Dave W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich
you have live plants in there? i bought a live plant for my cage and it was gone in about a week
Howdy,

Where did it go? . If it died, then not enough light? If your chameleon ate it then maybe nutritional issues?

I have troubles with leaf dropage so I rotate them with some that I keep outside to let them get sun and dry out every so often.

Hibiscus, ficus, dwarf schefflera.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!