Yellow-bellied Racer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
danthebugman
Yellow-bellied Racer

Pretty stoked when a friend text me earlier today. His mother-in-law's cat brought her a small snake and he wanted to know what kind it was. The fuzzy cell phone pic initially had me thinking Kingsnake or maybe a juvenile Black Rat, but the patterning was off. So I stopped by this afternoon and what do I find...

I was pretty excited, it's only the second juvenile YB Racer I've seen and only the third YB Racer period. I had a juvenile when I was a kid, but it was a fussy eater and I ended up returning it to the wild not long after I caught it. The other one that I saw was a spunky 3 foot adult that got away after one hell of a defensive display. Undoubtedly I would have regretted laying a hand on it had I managed to catch it, but I couldn't help trying. Can't wait to get this one settled and see how he/she does.

Dan

Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
danthebugman
Pic isn't showing up and I can't edit the thread so let's try it this way...

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!