Kingsnake..worth the money?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
hissnthatexotics
Kingsnake..worth the money??

I mean I'd pay for the year. The enhanced one. So $250. Does anyone have an account? How much do you sell?

Old 09-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
I have a basic account. Enough to make it easily worth it. There is a lot of customer crossover between this site and that one, but there are also buyers who stick to only one or the other. By paying here, I get certain conveniences and levels of exposure. By paying there, I get certain conveniences and levels of exposure. For me, having both is valuable in the sense that some buyers only buy from me because they saw it on one site because they only browse one site and others only buy from me because they saw it on the other site because they only browse the other site. I would miss out on significant sales if I only listed on one of the two. Some types of animals I have listed move better here than there and some other types of animals I have listed move better there than here. A sizable number of members here pay there (because payment is the only option there) and do not pay here, but I find even the basic contribution level here is at least worth it for the ability to bump and highlight ads with very little effort, so I happily pay for advertising privileges on both sites. I am treated well and politely on both venues, so the choice to do this is an easy one for me.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
hissnthatexotics
Thanks!

Old 10-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
Reptile Frenzy
I always buy the basic account and have sold most of my animals on there. You can get your money back pretty quick.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
hhmoore
I find that I get many more responses to ads I post on KS...but, to be honest, the majority of my sales come from this site.
As far as membership levels - there is no universal option (that's why there are choices on both sites). Figure out which offering will fit your individual needs, and try it out. You can always upgrade, if you find you need more.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
Reptile Frenzy
I have sold bunches on kingsnake but only 1 on here... i guess maybe because no one really knows me?

Old 10-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
hhmoore
I'm sure I could sell more on KS...if I was willing to accept 40-60% of my posted prices. That's where most of the offers there seem to land; and I don't look at that as a "starting point for negotiation". Offers like that, for me, are the end of the conversation.

I'm sure my reputation here helps; but I was building that well before I became a moderator.
Guess this is my reminder that I should start posting some ads, lol

Old 10-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
Reptile Frenzy
Yeah and the fact of the matter is me and my wife are still new at this compared to some people. Been keeping snakes almost 4 years but really only have been a memeber here on fauna for a little over a year. Thats about how long we been selling snakes also.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #9
scosta56
I'll definitely have to check out Ks. Not gonna lie only been using fauna. Love it so much. Not selling anything as of yet. Little while back was rotating my collection now I have what I want and I can't wait to make some beautiful babies. Next year I might have a ad or two up for pied stuff and pied hets, but nothing to serious. Thanks for the info though.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
Snake-Queen
I rarely go to KS, for me it is difficult to navigate and takes too long to search for what I am looking for. I rarely sell online, but I do buy online and all my purchases have been from Fauna. Of course, I may be biased, as this is one of the first sites I found when looking for info on a specific animal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!