Shipping damage situation I could use input on - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #11
Occidentalis
So in the end guys, what would you do? The snake was fine when I sent it out, and I can prove it as much as anything. The buyer is saying she wants to send it back, and is already posting ads looking for a different type of baby boa.

I'm a nice guy and I don't want anyone less than 100% satisfied, but am worrying.

Would a qualified vet be able to tell the difference between an old kink and a new break?

Old 11-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #12
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
Would a qualified vet be able to tell the difference between an old kink and a new break?
I would think so if x-rays were taken.

Did the buyer happen to video the unboxing? I always do.

Is there any update on the insurance claim?

Old 11-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #13
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I would think so if x-rays were taken.

Did the buyer happen to video the unboxing? I always do.

Is there any update on the insurance claim?
No video on the unboxing. The customer said "she is perfect" originally then appears to have discovered this "kink" later on in the evening.

Ship Your Reptiles hasn't heard of this ever happening during shipping. They don't cover damage during shipping, just DOA.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #14
Lucille
So ask your buyer to take the snake to a qualified reptile vet to get an opinion on whether the break is new or old.
If it is old, customer sends back, you refund, you pay shipping back, you pay vet.
If it is new, customer keeps. You decide whether to help out with vet costs.
If it is an underlying weakness exacerbated by shipping (no break, but a structural abnormality) you refund, pay vet, ask customer if she would like to keep as pet-only, if not you pay shipping back.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
bcr229
Was this ever resolved?

Old 12-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Was this ever resolved?
Buyer said that they wanted to keep the animal, I gave a partial refund in good faith. I feel somewhat uneasy about it, but it is what it is.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #17
scosta56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
Buyer said that they wanted to keep the animal, I gave a partial refund in good faith. I feel somewhat uneasy about it, but it is what it is.
I think you were 100% fair. The customer decided to keep her and you gave her a partial refund. Can't ask for anything more. Look at this way she could of still sent that baby back and purchased a new boa that wasn't kinked. She didn't it's a win for that little girl. She got a great home where someone wasn't interested in breeding the day lights out of her. She will get to grow and enjoy life with someone who sincerely cares. I would be very happy with that outcome. Good job if I was your customer regardless of the situation with the kink. I would be very very pleased with your resolution. Everyone is happy , but most importantly your little girl you produced is the one who made out. Hope this makes you feel a little better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!