Note to sellers: Alarming Paypal incident - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #21
KJUN
Jim:

I didn't mean to point a finger at you - I was more thinking of the person that started this thread, and those that chimed in saying PayPal was evil because of a personal experience. I understand your reason for not posting, but if it happens to me...you can BET I'll be posting the info to help sellers from getting screwed by the same person the next day. Scammers learn the trick faster than honest people do!

I also insist on money orders for payments that are anything less than in full - for the reasons you list. It's just smart. HOWEVER, there are times when I can't ship within 7 days for HONEST reasons (blizzards, excessive heat, etc.). Does one turn those payments down? Nah, not really.

I don't think getting screwed should be a cost of doing business, BUT Wal-Mart (and the like) factor in shoplifting costs when they put price tags on items for sale. It IS a part of doing business. That doesn't mean it is one we like. It doesn't mean it isn't one we should fight to avoid. It is part of overhead, though, whether we admit it or not. Any business that doesn't prepare for it is not likely to be a very successful business. This isn't news to any of us. THIS ALL BYTES - I agree with you there completely.

On the 3%, since it is the same I paid to run CC myself (without a monthly charge for the service), it doesn't bother me too much. Heck, I pay with everything around town with a CC, and they've never given me a single complaint. Of course, the CC are better to users than PayPal, eh? LOL.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #22
ravensgait
KJ, they are on the BOI, might try a search using the word Paypal but heck I never have much luck with the search feature on the BOI. My experience was written in someone else's thread about the subject and I've given the short version in a few other threads about it. As I mentioned I've posted pretty much what I did in my first post here in threads where I noticed doing business with Paypal being mentioned..

Luckily I don't have to use it or accept it and as Jim mentioned the scammers are fgetting better at playing Palpal to their advantage..Randy

Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #23
homegrownherps
[quote=KJUN]Jim:

I didn't mean to point a finger at you - I was more thinking of the person that started this thread, and those that chimed in saying PayPal was evil because of a personal experience. I understand your reason for not posting, but if it happens to me...you can BET I'll be posting the info to help sellers from getting screwed by the same person the next day. Scammers learn the trick faster than honest people do! [quote]

I didnt feel you were pointing fingers.

Hell...I'm afraid of the BOI , if I post my experience over there....by post #15 or so, it would end up being all my fault !

Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
ravensgait
""Hell...I'm afraid of the BOI , if I post my experience over there....by post #15 or so, it would end up being all my fault !""

Well isn't it!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!