F&*^ing Apartment Management!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-09-2004, 05:31 PM   #1
StinaUIUC
Angry F&*^ing Apartment Management!!!!!

I have a HUGE problem!!!!! Someone ratted my roommate and I out for having animals we shouldn't have had, and now I need to get rid of my leos!!!!! I am unbelieveably upset right now...and it sure as heck doesn't help that I have a paper due tomorrow, and a quiz and exam on friday! AND I might have to change apartments so I can keep my kitten!!!!! This is the LAST thing I needed this week!!!...heck I turn 21 next week...this birthday is going to SUCK!!!!!

Old 11-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
gothra
Oh man I would've explode if someone>>

wants me to get rid of my leos! Well, the apartment I live in also don't allow keeping pets, but I still have 8 leos and the management knows about it with no problem. To me, keeping fishes and keeping leos are not much difference, ie. no smell, no noise, in a tank; so if other residents are allowed to have fishes, then I also have the rights to keep leos...?

Anyway, good luck to everything.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
riverjop
One door closes & another one opens!
It will work out....good luck!

Old 11-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
Monte
Overton - Buddha . . . .

. . . you have this "zen" about you.

Must be all the fumes from the copper you sniff each day!! LOL

I agree - things tend to work out . . .

Old 11-09-2004, 10:58 PM   #5
riverjop
I just feel there's a reason for everything!
Monte,
Look at you! you hate crickets, are allergic to meal worm dust and your electrical bill dropped!....see?

Old 11-09-2004, 11:01 PM   #6
riverjop
Monte,
you've also been seen milling around the baby food department at your local supermarket!.....whoda-thunk?

Old 11-09-2004, 11:29 PM   #7
chondrokeeper
Quote:
heck I turn 21 next week...this birthday is going to SUCK!!!!!
if it's any consulation I have an evolution and mammalogy exam next tuesday and I'm stuck working my birthday for the 3rd year in a row come next Saturday (20th). Have a safe 21st while I enjoy 23.

Chris

Old 11-09-2004, 11:35 PM   #8
ChuUtena
Not that this is on topic, but my birthday is the 20th too! I'll be the big 2-0.

Stina, if there is anything I could do to help you in your situation I'd love to. If you are moving apartments to keep your kitten, can't you have someone keep your geckos for a bit until you move? Let me know if you need anything.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:36 PM   #9
Monte
BABY FOOD . . .

. . . nuh uh. That was only once - to try out that Gerber mixed fruit yogurt for my babies.

My electric bill? You don't realize that I have teenagers who leave every stinking light on in the whole HOUSE!! LOL.

You are the zen-master, though. I have to admit it.

The only thing I don't know - is where this thread is going . . .

Old 11-09-2004, 11:43 PM   #10
E2MacPets
I'm going to take the less sympathetic route.

Christina,

You live in an apartment off campus while attending school. It is my understanding that your parents pay for this apartment?

There is no reason you should have so many animals living with you while in college.

If you are so concerned about finding another apartment so you can keep your animals, this seems to imply that your parents at home are unwilling to take care of the animals.

The majority of the animals live far longer than 4 years, which means you would have to either bring them home or look for a new home for them after college.

If the case is that most of the animals you have are not welcome in your parents' home, then this parting of ways with them surely was inevitable.

You made the choice to acquire and keep these animals in an environment that did not welcome them. You are unfortunately now learning a valuable lesson in addition to the ones your professors give you.

Overall, I agree... things happen for a reason. You may not appreciate the reason or even recognize it until far into the future, but inevitably you will grow from this experience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!